Thread: Pay2W AA pot

Default Pay2W AA pot

Just notice the ingame shop now sells a new AA pot
    8 expertise points 24h CD about 10 euro

was wondering if you are going to add gold and crafted weapons
    or maybe PVE T4 gear so the pvpers can compete vs the PVEers in PVP mode

What do you guys think
    discuss !

Don't be silly. If someone is willing to pay 10 euro for eight expertise points than it is none of my bussiness.

100 euro = 80 points (which is nothing tbh)
    1000 euro = 800 points (which is actually something and might make a diffrence but I'd say it is pretty expensive when you can get those points by actually playing and having fun)

Hardly P2W, but that's just my opinion.

As with the discussion about the 40 free AA points, i repeat:

AA is not a big problem at lvl80. Sooner or later you get it full (or at least the important stuff) by playing (very slow!) or by timed levelling (faster) or exploiting (obviously fastest). One potion more or less will not hurt much at that stage.

It also affects f2p and premium seperation and low level pvp.

The first is not a big problem too and might even be positive there, because it gives f2p players with khitai expansion a way to get AA faster and also funcom some money. The non-khitai f2p to premium gap is already a joke...only a system change can help there...again one potion does make it worse...but it is already so bad, it will not make much of a difference.

The second is more of a problem...8 expertise is nothing at lvl80, but a LOT at low level. For 39-79 minis it will open a pay to win route, since non-paying chars have no alternative route (the gain of AA through "normal" play at this stages is almost non-existant...you get AA there through limited free potions from sub offers, events or the 2 in gateway to khitai).

So maybe the usage should be limited to lvl80 for those pots??? (if it not already is?)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th September 2013 at 17:00.

I think it's pretty similar to T1 PvP set they already selling for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post

The second is more of a problem...8 expertise is nothing at lvl80, but a LOT at low level. For 39-79 minis it will open a pay to win route, since non-paying chars have no alternative route (the gain of AA through "normal" play at this stages is almost non-existant...you get AA there through limited free potions from sub offers, events or the 2 in gateway to khitai).

So maybe the usage should be limited to lvl80 for those pots??? (if it not already is?)
    Don't forget that:
    1. minis below 80 aren't usually "important" (talking about "prestige"/premades/population etc. so it is just not worth it)
    2. I might be wrong but I think that only first part of aa's (general) is available before 80 + most of skills scale with level, so it is not that big of advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    Don't be silly. If someone is willing to pay 10 euro for eight expertise points than it is none of my bussiness.

100 euro = 80 points (which is nothing tbh)
    1000 euro = 800 points (which is actually something and might make a diffrence but I'd say it is pretty expensive when you can get those points by actually playing and having fun)

Hardly P2W, but that's just my opinion.
    Also i'll take 100 days to consume all those pots....
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

1. That is a popular misconception. There are many players staying a long time on low level mini brackets, so they are far from unimportant.

2. Sure you won't get active AAs like cc breakers or VoM, but you get a huge amount of passive hitcrit rating, protection and cc resistances (especially compared to values in these sections through feats and gear and taking funcoms combat formulas).

I wish that Funcom just revert a lot of changes to AAs; especially, the latest ones.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Just notice the ingame shop now sells a new AA pot
    8 expertise points 24h CD about 10 euro
    That is
    a.) pay to win and
    b.) hugely overpriced.

Funcom has introduced a new concept: from "pay to win" to "pay ridiculous amounts of money to win".

Sets a bad example for the industry. Please change that course. If you want to increase the company's income, there're certainly other, better ways.

It's not really "pay to win", not in the sense that paying would be the only way to be "successful" in the game.

If you had to pay those insane amounts to obtain excellent stuff you couldn't get otherwise I would be scandalous, sure. But you have the option to actually play the game to gain your mastery/prowess/whatever.

In the end it's pay to... not play the game. Weird.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast