Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @ the guys in conan lore, who can replace...

Default @ the guys in conan lore, who can replace...

Since I cant post there, fu FC but still love you. 2 writers who can do it, abercombie and Feist,the last one based nakor on mako's charachter in conan the barbarian, Peter V brett wont handle it, if David Gemmel was alive he would be the one to continue the saga of conan

id back you on feist he is excellent but id also throw Terry Brooks into the mix his epic catalog of shanarah stories he brings both the world and the characters to life with real quality.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by Touchii View Post
    if David Gemmel was alive he would be the one to continue the saga of conan
    not sure, cause gemmel always wrote about good heroes (remember the way of life of Druss), but the cimmerian world is more complex than that.
    it's not about heroes who live with a code with just right&wrong.
    it's about guys who can throw away their fears facing a monster from cthulhu, and have a great time with women and booze right after...

He also wrote about skilgannon and waylander, both were badass,and Druss almost lost his temper, but the world is almost the same, its brutal

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    id back you on feist he is excellent but id also throw Terry Brooks into the mix his epic catalog of shanarah stories he brings both the world and the characters to life with real quality.
    Feist would be fun. Imagine:

"Chapter 1:

Conan stood in the hallway.
    ..."

"Chapter 2:
    Yasmela pondered.
    ...."

"Chapter 3:
    Thoth-Amun cried.
    ..."

I liked the books, but this trademark did go on through the whole betrayal of krondor series, i believe

Haha Kurt, that one made my day, but I think Feist can pull it off though,I forgot Sean Russel, he isnt that bad

You missed out the stands about and ponders stuff for a chapter or two lol

Still like his stuff though.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Oh, and if Mr. Martin would write Conan...there would soon be no "historic" characters left...because they would die of criminal punishment, fall of walls drunk, die of lotus overdose or drown
    Not to mention those slain in combat, sacrificed or eaten by demons...and chances are...he might even get Conn and Zenobia killed and Conan horrible mutilated...

Martin would be a terrible choice for conan. He doesn't write characters, he writes events and places and fills them with expendable straw men.

We just keep falling for it because we expect fantasy to be about characters.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Martin would be a terrible choice for conan. He doesn't write characters, he writes events and places and fills them with expendable straw men.

We just keep falling for it because we expect fantasy to be about characters.
    David Gemmell wrote about charachters, yes I know I talk too much about him, but he was the last writer of heroic fantasy, back to Feist, didnt he wrote the brilliant empire triology with Janny Wurts? Game of thrones is childs play compared to the game of council in the tsurani world

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast