Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Plight of the EU player...

Its not only the high ping for some players that makes pvp in minigames unplayable. Its the discrepancy between player with low ping and player with high ping. the informations sent from the clients to server and back have different speed and so it comes that they bounce all over the screen :-(

Quote Originally Posted by chh1929 View Post
    roll play
    http://www.topmudsites.com/rp101-01.shtml

Somewhere in RPG heaven, an 22 HD Solar is shedding a tear about how the mortals, busy with worshipping false idols, are forgetting even their god's one true name and turn worship into mockery.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 2nd October 2013 at 06:08.

Maybe the increased lag has something to do with the characters merged into one server on the background, as the Game Director stated in his letter?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by chh1929 View Post
    What you have to do with the lag issue is incorporate a bit of roll play in the matter. Just try to imagine some sort of exciting explanation into the game. For example; you can just imagine that the teleportation is due to the character taking a special drug derived by a special herb. The explanations can be limitless with RP.
    Let me take out the engine of your car, you can always sit inside it and imagine how u drive it on the highway, you're SO fast, everything just flies by. Yet you don't move at all and were already late before you got into the car. Doesn't work for you? Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine
    3. Quit game ~ welcome to another game with the same issue
    Many players already did that, mostly the eastern europeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine
    Just either get over/used to it or play another game....FC are not going to move the servers back for you nomatter how big and "better" your player base is.
    If most players take your advice and vote with their wallet you might want to check for another MMO to play after Summer 2014.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    They have 2 options:

- suck it up and deal with it (like any AU player has to when they play *any* MMO game ... since none locate servers down here)
    - stop playing (if the experience in PvP is too frustrating for you, and you really, really do not want to do any PvE)

It's as simple as that. Funcom have made their decision on where to locate the servers.
    I chose option 2 a long time ago, and I see there's no reason to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    If most players take your advice and vote with their wallet you might want to check for another MMO to play after Summer 2014.
    Already have....ESO.....cant wait
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmai View Post
    I chose option 2 a long time ago, and I see there's no reason to start again.
    Except those missing you in rp maybe? (though you don't have to pay for it)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345