Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Ping-Latence

Exclamation High Ping-Latence

Hi :-)

a big negative point to the playing style of AoC.

As you all know Funcom has moved the servers to U.S.. Was and is intended only been a Economical aspect. One can understand when it comes to money

Customer Age of Conan U.S. and EU players are.

What totally annoys us EU players, are the high latency in AoC!
    It was beabsichtig the EU to penalize players as the greatest sales of U.S. players coming or it was flown over quickly in the planning?
    Planning and implementation would be perfect if it did not, then work on a solution!

The latencies have to go back down to at least 50 ms.
    The moment it is just that we at 180-240 ms run (Germany) and then combo finisher at the latency times suddenly jump to 600 + + +.
    That's a lot for a reaction time in PvP and it's half a second, constantly getting per combo / Cast it depends.

@ Funcom tried this myself a ping from Germany or other countries on euern SERVER PROBLEM, and fixes the time.

I myself find that it is the best MMO combat system, so also my subscription to 2016 runs (to merge) now if it stays on as it is with the latency, is a reason not to play the game and that's facts of their players too!

Please Feadback one of our Age of Conan leader.

Copy Paste from translator ger - eng.

I hope it is understandable.

All the servers are in the US.

Latency is what it is now and it is not going to change, unless Funcom starts running AoC on EU servers again, which is not going to happen unfortunately.

The only alternative might be Aeria Games, they have at least one server they run AoC on, so if that server is in the EU, it might be worth rolling a character on it and check the latency.

When I'm home, I'm going to perform a ping to the server and show you the report. But it can also record video in game and post.
    It's just really hard slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    The only alternative might be Aeria Games, they have at least one server they run AoC on, so if that server is in the EU, it might be worth rolling a character on it and check the latency.
    Looks like Aeria only acts as a portal, the server is part of Funcom's server farm. This is what I found on their forums (very empty btw):

Quote Originally Posted by Aszune
    PostedSep 10, 2013 2:08 pm
    So, I just contacted the Funcom Staff regarding this matter. I informed them regarding this matter and asked them back whether it'd be possible to put it back up, this is the reply I've gotten.

Funcom Staff wrote:

No it's not possible unfortunately, and it's since it's part of all our servers we had to take all of them down for the other server merges.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    All the servers are in the US.

Latency is what it is now and it is not going to change, unless Funcom starts running AoC on EU servers again, which is not going to happen unfortunately.

From wha i understamd, the Aeria games server is actually one of the official funcom servers, Aeria games just leases it from funcom and run it through their own account system, so as far as i know when we have downtime they have downtime too.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

What I gathered from my German friends on Fury is that Germany's biggest ISP (dunno the name) seems to have very bad peering with aoc servers. They often have issues and its always all of them at the same time (they live in different places but have the same provider)
    Maybe FC could try to get in touch with that provider but I'm afraid they won't have much influence because the peering issue very likely happens before the data even leaves Europe. German players need to do traceroutes to the aoc servers when they are having issues (NOT when things are working fine).

To do that just open windows command line and do:
    tracert dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com

Once we have enough faulty traceroutes maybe we can start troubleshooting the issue.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Routenverfolgung zu dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com [37.18.192.43]
    über maximal 30 Hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms fritz.box [192.168.178.1]
    2 6 ms 5 ms 5 ms 217.0.116.214
    3 8 ms 6 ms 6 ms 87.186.234.18
    4 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms l-eb2-i.L.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [62.154.89.46]
    5 20 ms 19 ms 79 ms 217.243.216.202
    6 104 ms 104 ms 104 ms vlan90.csw4.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.254]

7 104 ms 104 ms 105 ms ae-92-92.ebr2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.140.29
    ]
    8 104 ms 104 ms 105 ms ae-24-24.ebr2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.148.197]

9 105 ms 104 ms 105 ms ae-44-44.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.137.78]

10 104 ms 104 ms 105 ms ae-2-2.ebr1.Newark1.Level3.net [4.69.132.98]
    11 246 ms 206 ms 116 ms ae-12-51.car2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.69.156.6]
    12 104 ms 104 ms 104 ms GAME-HOSTIN.car2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.28.188.70
    ]
    13 104 ms 104 ms 104 ms fw1-nj4.game-hosting.com [37.18.192.4]
    14 104 ms 104 ms 105 ms dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com [37.18.192.43]

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

Well my ping is always somewhere 150-180 ms... And since i play melee classes most of the time i notice rly bad response time... Also now after merge with US aoc server's its horrible... USA players have a big advantage in pvp...

If there is a siege... my ping goes up to 250 ms... And that is something that I personally can't deal with...

Quote Originally Posted by Chegy4 View Post
    Well my ping is always somewhere 150-180 ms... And since i play melee classes most of the time i notice rly bad response time... Also now after merge with US aoc server's its horrible... USA players have a big advantage in pvp...

If there is a siege... my ping goes up to 250 ms... And that is something that I personally can't deal with...
    Welcome to the life of your average Oceanic time-zone player. We're normally between 120ms and 250ms; depending on where exactly in NZ or AU we are. No matter what the game

Some here will use something that adjusts the ACK frequency OR a tunneling service. That does help; but only minimally. There is only so much you can do when distance is the limiting factor.

Good luck.

Oceanic gets 120? I wish. Average is 350 for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast