Thread: Question about characetr slots

Default Question about characetr slots

I'm currently in the last couple of months of a recurring yearly subscription and i'm thinking about dropping it for a while once it's finnished.

What i'd like to do is to buy some extra character slots to cover my charcters (or most of them) once i go free but i don't know how many slots i already have unlocked.

I know you get two slots for free and i'm pretty sure i have at least two from expansions and packs etc from the past (release day account), and i may have bought some slots, but i'm not sure how many.

Is there any way of finding out how many slots i will have before my subscription runs out so i can purchase the needed slots while i still have a 10% members discount?
    Last edited by Asharoth; 6th September 2013 at 16:04.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

Your subscription should show you how many total slots you have left when you sign on: the ones in use and the ones that are empty and available. You can just count them.

I think the maximum allowed is 18, unless it was changed.

When you go FTP you don't lose the characters as I understand it, its set up so you can only access a chosen few.

Might be wrong but that's how I think it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Your subscription should show you how many total slots you have left when you sign on: the ones in use and the ones that are empty and available. You can just count them.

I think the maximum allowed is 18, unless it was changed.

When you go FTP you don't lose the characters as I understand it, its set up so you can only access a chosen few.

Might be wrong but that's how I think it works.
    Yes i know that. What i want to know is how many of those slots i have will get locked when i switch to free, i'd like to buy that many slots so i can still play my characters after dropping my subscription.

Just a thought, it would probably be easier if i just asked how many slots does a subscription have and then just minus that from what i have, take two off of that and bingo that's how many slots will lock .... so if a free player has two how many does a subscriber have before buying extra?
    Last edited by Asharoth; 6th September 2013 at 16:04.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)

there is a detail thingy in the F2P page .. I guess you're aware of it, if not just mentioning it, and here is a image linkDetails Free-to-Play/Premium and link to the playfree page that I copied from

though I don't think that answers your question

I guess the day you go free, and log in, will give you the answer.
    from what I gather , you have 5 maybe 6 slots paid for ?
    so once account is free2Play - you'll have 2 for free, 2 from expansion, and the slots you have paid (lets say you bought 2 and 10 characters, for now, just for discussion) , when you go free you should be able to select 6 characters to play, any extras you have you will need to purchase more character slots for.
    so if you currently have 10 characters, you would need to purchase 4 more slots, to have all 10 available to play

you could contact accounts and ask them.
    it'll be accounts and yourself that only know how many paid slots you have.
    might check payment history for the amount of Slots you have bought, then add the 2 you get for F2P, and 2 From Expansion ? maybe ? No? Yes ? I dunno but that might help

Thanks for the help guys.

Waiting for the sub to end is no good I need to know before it ends so I can take advantage of the subscription discount in the store and buy the extra slots to keep them open.

I found the f2p chart, it's 8 slots for subscription and 2 for f2p, I have 11 slots so doing the math I should have 5 unlocked when I go free to play, I have 9 chars so that means I need to buy 4 more slots, maybe 6 if I want a throw away slot to play around with (although I could just open another free account to do that with).