Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hyborian Race: Ideas

Back on topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellaxe View Post
    Does anyone else find it odd that the PVP event is the first to reach lvl 80...which can only be obtained in PVE?

Could be one of the worst PVP ideas to date...

If this is about PVP, then remove all PVE dungeons, quests etc... and make everything that gives EXP only through PVP, and have that PVP exp help to level you up.

I have always felt that PVP exp should exponentially apply to your PVE level progression.
    You're considering this race from the wrong point of view. The leveling to 80 is just an excuse for PvP. It's like, you know those races in the US were cars running around a dirt pit is an excuse to see them bang into each other.
    It's like an endurance race with zombies you need to out-run or kill on your way.

To quote the Dalaï-Lama, "The importance is the journey not the destination little scarabee"

A few suggestions i really like:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Pity Award for most killed individual
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesaar View Post
    No Local Travel
    I missed that but it's a huge must !

An other suggestion i would like to make:
    Disable mini-games. It's supposed to be an open-world race. I don't see the point of being able to go there to farm minis instead of being out in the Open were the real stuff is happening. Not to mention the fight clubing possible with 11 friends.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I would not completely disable minigames.
    But you can set priorities by adding cooldowns, let people access them only in towns and changing the rewards for open pvp.

buff all pve bosses power by 50% !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellaxe View Post
    Does anyone else find it odd that the PVP event is the first to reach lvl 80...which can only be obtained in PVE?

Could be one of the worst PVP ideas to date...

If this is about PVP, then remove all PVE dungeons, quests etc... and make everything that gives EXP only through PVP, and have that PVP exp help to level you up.

I have always felt that PVP exp should exponentially apply to your PVE level progression.
    TOTALLY agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Disable all quests. There're some quests allowing "irregular" ways to earn XP.

Disable grouping. Else, it'll be just like Bori - several zergs form, largest zerg wins, others quit or join, end of story.

Only allow players to earn XP for one hour per day. Else, it'll just be a "race" of having no job / family / other hobbies (and take about three days).

Having made my three suggestions: I think it's a stupid idea. Even if no developer time is needed for that, even if it doesn't cost you a dime, even if it takes an hour or less to implement - that hour would better be used on something else. Make a video contest. Do a guided tour through T1 and T2 for new players. Spawn Hathor-Ka in Paikang in front of T4 (or, if you're really funny, in Tortage).
    thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    I think a free slot It would be wellcome even if it is only until the end of the event. I have 3 or 4 empty slots but there are a lot of players they havent and I think they wont delete one char for this.

PD:

Im amazed, this summer holiday I lvled a guard useing 12 offline lvls and a lot of powerlvling of friends and it took me more than a week. And you people can lvl one char in three days with any help and 4 or 5 ragers on your tail? Impresive
    16-80 in 4h tops with PL, not sure what kind of PL u had

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    @ xiulo88
    Your guildmates apparently suck at grinding. I recently powerlevelled a guy from 20 to 40 or 50 on a lazy sunday morning.

In my experience, you need about an hour per level from 20 to 80 with regular questing or solo grinding. Doing things as a group should be quicker.

It is possible that levelling will be slowed down by PvP or certain bottlenecks, e. g. many people needing the same quest mob(s).
    Some people will manage to completely avoid that, however. All you need is some luck and starting your "race" at a time when few people are playing. There probably won't be all that many people participating in this "race", and it'll probably be possible to completely avoid meeting other people when you get just a little head start.

Remember: Everyone starts fresh. If you get to Field of the Dead when most people are still in Conall's Valley and continue to hold that advance, you leave them behind forever and will never ever see another PC in your quest areas. There will be no higher level gankers guarding the bottleneck NPCs / bridges / zoning points.

If the 4-5 people advancing fastest cooperate, they'll win without much opposition, probably without any PvP at all.

Apparently, the race is to be class specific. This will give a strong encouragement to cooperate with up to 12 people from different classes.

It's the same thing as with Bori: Both are a PvE challenge thought to encourage conflict. But cooperating is better to beat the challange than not cooperating. People in general don't always get that. But the AoC community learned that simple truth with Bori.

Hence:
    - No grouping!
    - XP or time limit per day.
    exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    Limit the times you can die in open world (both PvP and PvE).

Let's say, if you die more than 7 times, you are out of the race.

Maybe make Tortage an exception.

oh dam, thats a good one

tho in the circumstances, with low pvp population, i dont think its the right move to have ppl hide and zerg lvl to avoid pvp

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    I know people use the fast travel to avoid PVP
    lol. port to warmonks -_-

Could you pvers like go away.. shoo for just one thread

For once in 5 years funcom decided to make a pure pvp event.

Let the pvpers make suggestions please.

Stop it with the "limit this limit that, 1 hour xp window, can't play after dying 7 times, can't group up (wtf seriously?)" Stop go away! There are new dungeon for you guys to do!

As for suggestions, the best ones are the first few posts.