Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Hyborian Race: Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I'd rather see this run with a level cap starting at 30 and increasing by 10 once a week. That way we'd get a week of battles in a few set zones and level ranges that slowly change throughout duration of the server.
    This x1000000000 Best idea on the forums

/10 chars
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

After server shut down the carec will be trx to Rage.

How will this be done for players who already have a carec on B&G with the single carec restriction.

Will The single carec restriction be removed or will this allow you a 2nd toon on B&G if you make this run?

Thumbs up

I'd rather see this run with a level cap starting at 30 and increasing by 10 once a week. That way we'd get a week of battles in a few set zones and level ranges that slowly change throughout duration of the server.
    Super!
    No mini, no bori, no dungeons, openworld pvp again, best idea!

If I can add to that: make the quests in the zones have a few decent blue rewards instead of whatever rubbish they drop now so that people will have reasons to go all over the areas and will provide a natural concentration of players.

If I can add to that: make the quests in the zones have a few decent blue rewards instead of whatever rubbish they drop now so that people will have reasons to go all over the areas and will provide a natural concentration of players.

Do you mean doing PVE? Blasphemy!

So now you realise that plain PVP without no more incentives is not working at all?

You need some kind of motivation for people to fight and not just hide & gank. That motivation can be either PVE or PVP centered, or both, but must exist.

Incentive does not have to mean pve rewards. It proves nothing.

There are a lot of incentives, that are pvp linked and would affect gameplay in a positive (or at least more interesting matter).

With your hide and gank example, what are the incentives? For the ganker the win and xp..and the occasional surprise. For the victim? The thrill of evading or striking back. Now if that evading is not fun and the striking back not possible, where is your incentive?

Same example would be completely different, if there would be consequences and risk involved. Like (coming back to the thread topic and suggestions):
    - a risk that the equipment you used to fight, might be lost if you loose
    - a consequence both in reputation and xp, depending on the situation (e.g. you only fight within a group, you only focus weak people or you only attack from ambush or while others are afk or busy)
    - something for participating (e.g. everyone who wast...err, spends...time on that event should get something for participating apart from the handfull of pvp xp)

So, if the victim lost first time and something is missing he/she wants back...there would be incentive other than plain revenge. If other players could profit by helping in the hunt for the strong (rather than hunt for the weak as now without a working pvp system) all the better! The strong soon might not be so strong and need to seek out allies, if he/she wants back on the top of the foodchain, but that would depend again on his reputation and options he has thanks to his prior behaviour.
    Just an example.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th September 2013 at 13:55.

Make the race have permadeath. 1 life for everyone. that would be fun disable almost all pve stuff. full player loot drop from pvp kills. The 1 that survives 1 week is the winner.

What about players who have toons on rage... Will they in the end have 2 chars on rage?

Cos that would be the best thing after merge to happen!

2nd... Focus on PVP... Minimum pve content... And dont give anyone advantage, green gear max... So there won't be blue gear for someone to have an advantage in stats...

Smile Gogo ,Rage..

I have alredy caracter on Rage server and I hope you will let players from Rage to participate to this event which will bring new people to real pvp server...and hope you will allow that caracter we make on this server-event to be transfered to Rage by removing restriction of 1 caracter per account just for this event.
    I have all classes L80 vith max caracter slots (I will need to delite 1 caracter for that event )and I play on all 3 servers from lounching AoC , but to be honest Rage is the most fun place to be.Because new players can buy PvP gear L5 from the shop and compete with old Rage players without any problems with Questing/Kitai/Turan..Raids....and have fun with pvp only.On rage we do not have T4 gear/wepons like on other servers so the difference is not so big.In my opinion any new caracter can level realy fast with our pvp content and mini games on server Rage and can fight with any old player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargoran View Post
    I have alredy caracter on Rage server and I hope you will let players from Rage to participate to this event which will bring new people to real pvp server...and hope you will allow that caracter we make on this server-event to be transfered to Rage by removing restriction of 1 caracter per account just for this event.
    I have all classes L80 vith max caracter slots (I will need to delite 1 caracter for that event )and I play on all 3 servers from lounching AoC , but to be honest Rage is the most fun place to be.Because new players can buy PvP gear L5 from the shop and compete with old Rage players without any problems with Questing/Kitai/Turan..Raids....and have fun with pvp only.On rage we do not have T4 gear/wepons like on other servers so the difference is not so big.In my opinion any new caracter can level realy fast with our pvp content and mini games on server Rage and can fight with any old player.

2 of the best things about rage - more balanced than other servers and no guards

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast