Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hardcore mode for dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Yes, like i've said before, i slack hardly.

No even need to heal, just slack until the second phase.

wehhehehehe hardcore content !
    damn slacker .
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    damn slacker .
    Yup, seems i've chosen the perfect class for it

Ontopic : i understand your concerns, ofc, but how can they manage to make challenging and balanced encounter with the few ressources they have ?

It's not like old HM were surprisingly balanced and fun and all that stuff (i admit some of them were ubernerfed but it was because players report on TL were trash), but i expect more new dungeons with the quality of Ubah-Kan/Sotw than old recycled content, don't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Did you feel mature when you sent that away? Christ.
    Why are you taking seriously then? : ) if you arent pve player..

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Yup, seems i've chosen the perfect class for it

Ontopic : i understand your concerns, ofc, but how can they manage to make challenging and balanced encounter with the few ressources they have ?

It's not like old HM were surprisingly balanced and fun and all that stuff (i admit some of them were ubernerfed but it was because players report on TL were trash), but i expect more new dungeons with the quality of Ubah-Kan/Sotw than old recycled content, don't you ?
    im curious about unchained dungeons, hope they made those 3 trash mobs hell holes interesting.

i only like first 2 bosses in sotw i highly disagree last boss is balanced or fun its dull and mere gear check, i realy enjoy all bosses in coils very enjoyable content.

point of my post is to provide realy what i posted hardcore version of nightmarish difficulty for kithai hm's despite unbalanced i do miss old vortex and pagoda, but it seems a trend for players now to ask for even more spoon fed content then now and i would realy enjoy hardcore versions to kithai pussy hardmodes.

quality of players in pve as degraded considerably since raidleaders became loot whores who dont force people to use voice-com and just put on master looter for relics/shards and gear reserved, pve quality is at an all time low wich only new players joining up friendly guilds who use voice com actualy learn game.

it is as stupid as seeing around players full kithai and even full t3 who have no grasp what they are doing, and the "i am casual" bull crap is just retarded i know plenty of players with great skill who hardly play more then 4 hours if even that a week and know how to play properly at least 1 class.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    im curious about unchained dungeons, hope they made those 3 trash mobs hell holes interesting.
    On TL, dev said that about the upcoming unchained dungeons :

We have tried to keep the themes of those 3 dungeons intact but really enhance them and make those themes more prominent and introduce some interesting boss mechanics where perhaps there were non before.
    So now, we are teased

I'm no designer myself and don't know the first thing about coding but I like Magnum's idea about the original HM's.
    The pre-nerfnerfnerf versions were made once already so it should not be too hard to strip them from the nerfs and put them back in game right?

On entering the dungeon you could get a choice like in AoK if you want to do it normal or 'unchained'. Unchained version would be the way the dungeons once were with maybe 20% more damage output since gear has progressed dramatically since then.

Maybe add a relic or two extra and you're set to go. No need for new loot etc, like the OP already said; the fun of the challenge would be enough for me and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I'm no designer myself and don't know the first thing about coding but I like Magnum's idea about the original HM's.
    The pre-nerfnerfnerf versions were made once already so it should not be too hard to strip them from the nerfs and put them back in game right?

On entering the dungeon you could get a choice like in AoK if you want to do it normal or 'unchained'. Unchained version would be the way the dungeons once were with maybe 20% more damage output since gear has progressed dramatically since then.

Maybe add a relic or two extra and you're set to go. No need for new loot etc, like the OP already said; the fun of the challenge would be enough for me and many others.

Pretty much this^

I never understood when they did those nerfs why they have't left the original versions in game with an option to choose which ones you want to do, scaling the rewards accordingly?

There were 2 waves of nerfs If I remember correctly, first one was pretty much okey because it did't totally dumb down those encounters, it mostly adjusted groups set ups needed like no requirement for 2 rogues in Abyss and Coppice and stuff like that which was unjustified.
    Even Vortex was much more enjoyable back then, AoE in Abyss was still hitting hard and all that stuff.
    But ppl continued to QQ and FC went with the second wave of nerfs where FC simply went over the top nerfing some encounter to the point of insulting our intelligence.

I agree with OP bringing back old HM's is a good idea if it is still possible to be done.
    The more the merrier.

/Signed

What Noite80, Magnum92, Caudillo and Redd said...

/ signed^^

http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=234429

Nerf patch notes. It shouldn't be that hard to restore numbers and create a second degree of HM. I'm skeptical has to how successful it would be for various reasons, but would be cool to have the availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    Nerf patch notes.
    That list is depressing as hell (except for cooldown fixes for perk usability and normal mode nerfs). I didn't need to be reminded how bad/whiny some players are. Now that I've been reminded by that list again, I'm especially mad about the inconceivably stupid amount of nerfing Brassmask has suffered (sure he was an ******* but it was the best battle of Grasslands).

WTB UNNERFED BRASSMASK, pst, serious offer ONLY
    (unnerfed Kun Whu can go **** himself tho, his healing was stupid)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast