Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Basics!

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Fair enough

I'm just curious, as everyone says that it's impossible to tank with a polearm, yet I still remember 3-4 years back when everyone did it :P True, the game HAS changed, especially after Khitai, but still. Polearm ftw.

I do agree on survivability, though. I've played ToS and BS rather extensively over the years, and it's been harder and harder to keep a Polearm-muppet alive in comparisonto an S&B'er up and at it.
    Yes aggro and survival is not as goood as any SS build u can come up with but you should be fine cause I cant imagine any good DPSers pulling aggro in T1 raids (if u do your job/rotation correctly) with undergeared toons and a lack of experience and/or skill.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

seems your link to the build on the OP is still broken Schou

here is a working link to the one I think you gave me awhile back hope it helps

http://joharaoc.eu/feat/?link=v12_11...620c052d00571c

Thanks man, I think it works for most but a few may have issues for it. I'm not sure why tbh.

It works for me and a few others I have asked to look into it. Maybe it's something with the interface I use?

I also use chrome as my search engine, maybe that? Who knows, regardless. Thanks man!

Long time no see btw, hope all is well.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Bump for the new players in game.

I've seen plenty of guards with aggro issues. If you follow the instructions on this guide you will do fine, a few things have changed but for the most part everything is the same on combo rotations etc.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Bump for the new players in game.

I've seen plenty of guards with aggro issues. If you follow the instructions on this guide you will do fine, a few things have changed but for the most part everything is the same on combo rotations etc.
    Schou has aggro issues. Well... gear issues anyway.

Ya, I only have Khatia/T4. Aggro differences from khatia to full T4 are marginal at best.

The only time I seen a big difference in terms of aggro is in T5. But I'm so busy with real life I have no time for this game really anymore. Maybe one day I can focus more time on it. Love the guild I'm in though, when I do decide to play they usually have someone on pro style.

Tainted Souls for life "or at least Age of Conan's life" lol
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 1st July 2015 at 00:35.

Hi .
    I am a former player who left the game years ago and come back to play one of my old characters, the guardian.
    From my beginnings in AoC I started with the guardian not know why but I found an unusual character and I liked about it, then I found I could use a weapon something unusual the polearm.
    So far so good but over at higher levels I'm realizing that I'm wrong ta character.
    I note that when you start the tree using polearm is difficult to find a good choice but not only that, besides the population of guards is minimal, perhaps what I have observed, the issue is that I think the gun horn gives me better results in fight against minions and bosses and nothing less useful against other players.
    No others if they happen the same but I think the polearm is misconfigured or need an accessory to help you improve and I do not mean combos.
    for example in PvP useless and forums I read that is most appropriate in PvP ..
    Although I also suspect that is not only problem of weapon used because I see the scarcity of guards for years in this game.
    My question is if different my suspicion that it is no problem of weapon or technique but of the character chosen regardless of their specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by tekila1970 View Post
    Hi .
    My question is if different my suspicion that it is no problem of weapon or technique but of the character chosen regardless of their specialization.
    I would say that you wrong on some points, S&S guard is actually a really good tank even stronger than before with the improvement of strike and guard. And polearm guard as always been a good class in pvp and solo, but for pve polearm is less strong than S&S, less resist, less agro bonus.
    Why the guardian has a small population? Well I would say that in the past guard was the best main tank, but since they change dt and conq making them kinda as op as guard, making some switch, also guard hasn't change in a while, do less dps than the 2 others, with a more complicated rotation, but with their resistivity, guard are main tank most of the time in HL, also some people talk bad about because they don't how to play it.

All the class of the game can be decent in their jobs, so if there is an issue it's not the character, but the player who is to blame.
    Last edited by haedian; 29th April 2016 at 15:16.
    Haedian, Officier/RL Les Naufragés d'Hyboria

Settings may be difficult to know and that many players do not start the "General" and focus on the other two.
    I am interested in something else to focus on this part now
    In the "General" I think I see very interesting skills but start with the domain of the sword or polearm started before the other options forgetting the "general" option and this misleads the player who begins his guardian.
    Otherwise I think the guardian has one of the most complicated specialization trees AoC or its function in the game is yet to discover.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456