Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Basics!

Great guide Schou. About time someone finally did.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Actually, my con is at 1415
    My mistake was offcourse assuming you did not have any other source of health like food or priestbuff running, but does not matter as you did not take the bait, let me explain.

Juggernaut has a base heal of about 290 and the rest of the healing is based on your health.

So each point of constitution grants you about 0,4 points of healing to you jugger heal. I say constitution makes most sens to calculate with as most guard gear dont have pure health.

The error in my calculations would equal what you get from level 80 4 hour food.

Everything you use to increase you health will increase the jugger heal, this includes team buffs from groupmembers. EDIT: and AA feats

To get the exact formula will be a lot of work as we do not know how the game handles rounding up/down when calculating the numbers. But what we clearly can see is that there is a clear connection between your health and the amount of heal from juggernaut.

And to piggy back off of what you said in response to my original post.

"Congratulations, You have Learned the Guardian Class"

Where exactly does it say you can't learn more in that sentence?

Ya, didn't think I said that.
    Maybe we just use the word diffrent, but when i meet someone that has learned something i assume they have a good grasp of what they have learned. Just reading this will learn you something, but you are still far away from having a good grasp of how the class works.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    The guardian is a journey, not a destination. If you think you are at the end, that is only the end for you.

My Young Apprentice, if you want to take another step on the road ahead, tell me how i calculated your constitution to between 1470 and 1474.

The answer will point out a flaw in your first post.
    Douche level 10. Why even bother responding in such a way?

Great post, kennyfisterbotm. It's posts like this that are truly helpfull. Give newbies a clear and working build/rotation, and let them evolve from there.

Well done, Schou, and well written!

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    My mistake was offcourse assuming you did not have any other source of health like food or priestbuff running, but does not matter as you did not take the bait, let me explain.

Juggernaut has a base heal of about 290 and the rest of the healing is based on your health.

So each point of constitution grants you about 0,4 points of healing to you jugger heal. I say constitution makes most sens to calculate with as most guard gear dont have pure health.

The error in my calculations would equal what you get from level 80 4 hour food.

Everything you use to increase you health will increase the jugger heal, this includes team buffs from groupmembers. EDIT: and AA feats

To get the exact formula will be a lot of work as we do not know how the game handles rounding up/down when calculating the numbers. But what we clearly can see is that there is a clear connection between your health and the amount of heal from juggernaut.

Maybe we just use the word different, but when i meet someone that has learned something i assume they have a good grasp of what they have learned. Just reading this will learn you something, but you are still far away from having a good grasp of how the class works.
    AS consuming a food for a higher HP only gives you a strait health buff, and doesn't affect your con. The only thing that would set your calculations off would be the fact that the 5% con increase did apply.

As to not taking the bait as you say it. I guess I did take it actually. If you read my post "as I see you did" because you linked only a portion of it. I did state that I made an initial mistake concluding that the Jugg affect does go off of a % of your health.

Regardless, the topic is neither here nor there. The guide isn't a complete 100% god copy of what to do in every scenario, that would be absolutely impossible to conclude something of the sort.

But as the very first line states, it's for the new player who is confused on why they loose aggro or can't get aggro in the first place.

Also, for you to even post a response as you did to the forum post. Did you mind even reading the title of the post its self?

"THE BASICS" isn't exactly the eye popping sound of a complete guide to the Guard class is it. Hmmm, what could "The basics" signify when looked at initially?

In any case, thanks for your responses and correction to the Jugg ability.

Deuces!
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 21st August 2013 at 11:23.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Great write-up and I'm sure will be a great help to aspiring guards out there, thanks for this.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Great guide all around. One thing I might add.What I see a lot is a player repeating through the same combo rotation without regard to shields. If your enemy's shield is to the left you should immediately prioritize dull blow/titanic blow over the overreaches. Further, there are 2 components to guard destroyer, a % chance to increase crit and the debuff portion. Its confusing because the icons for the % increase to crit is on the top of the screen and the debuff is above your enemy's nameplate. DO NOT trigger powerhouse while your crit % icon above is up it's redundant (or the stack doesn't really give too much increase over the gd buff alone) Rather use PH when your GD wears off.

Also, start off with hateful strikes and then use ardent and then cta, try not to use both CTA and ardent together at the same time. All guard combos have innate hate built in. Some more then others. For instance Shield slam has the most hate although the DPS is lower, always fire off CoH at the end of this combo you'll get a nice hate spike.

Further, during GD crit % phase its better to do OR's then SS, the hate for the two are roughly the same when GD is running and the tie breaker is the fact OR has high crit chance when the GD icon above is running and OR does more damage to begin with. Also, try to fire off your hate tools in the middle of combos, this will help squeeze a few more seconds out of them, if you are firing them off in the beginning you are wasting that portion where you're keying in the combo. Further, if you really need to crank up aggro avoid using strike and guard.

Finally, don't worry too much about gear. This is probably the only area where guardians shine. They don't need hate gear to hold aggro. Its predominantly rotation.

P.S. Frankly, if you're reading this and your toon isn't at 80 you may just want to reroll into a DT and/or conq. The potential from these two classes far FAR outdoes a guards. DON'TLISTEN TO ANYONE SAYING OTHERWISE ON THESE FORUMS. It's a true fact and judging from Funcom's history of development these two classes are unlikely to get a nerf anytime soon. Plus they both rock in PvP...added bonus.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 21st August 2013 at 13:48.

Nice work Schou. It would be nice if the moderators would actually do something useful and clean out the garbage from this thread.

PS Free to Play = no AAs = no VoM = DTs are much much much worse than guardians for free to play.

Thx for nice post, im not really pve player but i found it very interesting. One thing if its not hard to post your spec in :
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat
    Because i just cant open that one you posted and maybe some more eu players wont be able to.
    This is really nice way to help new players or even some old ones that are trying to tank for first time

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast