Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New dungeon rocks!

Default New dungeon rocks!

The new dungeon is great! My thoughts...

Difficulty: Hard.

I wish it wasn't this hard not because I don't like challenging dungeons but because it could be cool if new players can actually do this dungeon SINCE especially all you need is a sub to access this dungeon. As of now this dungeon isn't newbie friendly and finding non-hair pulling pugs will be very difficult. I didn't like sections of dungeons where it was a DPS race... please I'm a guardian ..even now global is asking for ONLY Conqs/DTs.

Loot: Good...sort of.

Its good loot for the circumstances. But the dungeon is too hard for those that will fully appreciate the loot and for those that could do it probably already have as good if not better loot. Understandably you couldn't make the loot better then T4 but in reality all you need is one tiny item (say a helmet) to be slightly better then T4 for people to grind/play the area again and again to get that one piece of loot. Also, there seems to be no full plate armors for guardians..just a bunch of +crit full plates(I know all the devs play DTs but please throw us guards a bone..perhaps some +hate rings or something we're dying here.)

Duration: Ehh its just a tad too long but after doing it for a bit it's OK.

Feel: Out did yourselves this time. I know much of the concept/art/structure of the game was done by your Montreal studios while you guys had a full team.... but I need to tip my hat to you all. I really really am eager to meet the walking man/dark pharaoh/Mr. Flagg in person at the end of all this.... PLEASE MAKE HIM MIND SHATTERINGLY DIFFICULT.

Final grade: B+/A- ..congrats I have very high standards but you guys did exceptionally well for the most part.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 20th August 2013 at 14:12.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I really really am eager to meet the walking man/dark pharaoh/Mr. Flagg in person at the end of all this.... PLEASE MAKE HIM MIND SHATTERINGLY DIFFICULT.
    Just go talk to him in Dragon spine open zone

Ps. you DO meet him inside this instance
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

It's so far very good, kudos to the devteam for this masterpiece of art and mechanics.
    My only fear is seeing it deserted really fast cause it's really unpuggable (two last boss particulary)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's so far very good, kudos to the devteam for this masterpiece of art and mechanics.
    My only fear is seeing it deserted really fast cause it's really unpuggable (two last boss particulary)
    I hear you. I love this instance. It's a tough thing to take down the last 2 bosses. Me and my m8's have come close to get the final boss a few times now, will probably get him soon

But I do see the problem with the place getting deserted after a while though because of that difficulty.

Hmm what to do? I guess things would be easier if most players did not have a "loot farmer" mentality, and instead liked new challenges.
    But the randomness of at least some loot in here I like (not sure how exactly the loot tables work).
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Are there temporary access passes to the dragonspine instances and dragonspine in the shop for f2p?

If not, why not?

About difficulty:
    Principially i find it a bad use of resources, if you offer a good instance with a set difficulty only (be it hard or easy). As a player (and considering the bonus latency especially) i want to be able to kind of choose the difficulty a bit (it is fine that there is a rough trend of instance A being tougher than instance B).
    Good examples for use of resources is dead mans hand. It offers value from lvl50 to 80 and can be challenging in unchained mode (especially if you get the wrong boss at the end) for khitai geared chars (depending on class a lot, since it is solo though). Even better would be instance design scaling from an offset level to max (if you want it tougher, you could scale the mobs to lvl+x instead of lvl), an added unchained mode for groups.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 20th August 2013 at 16:19.

I think new map is totally awesome. I wish it would been sold as turan map.

I'm very fond of this instance aswell. I don't care much about the loot but the boss fights are great and like the looks of the armors. Plus there are at least a couple of very nice blue weapons, i have Talisman and Staff in mind (and the Shovel that totally rocks !)

Gear wise, like most instances i don't think you need to be that well geared. Currently players are just use to be overgeared for everything.
    Most of the difficulty comes from every player having a rôle to play and having to pay attention. Unlike most dungeons you can't have 3 players doing half the job and carrying the others around. That's pretty cool. I didn't see any problemes with the DPS races. The unknown fight can be stretched quite a lot as long as bats are dealt with properly and the Genealogiste can be killed with average dps (and a guard as tank )
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    The new dungeon is great! My thoughts...

Difficulty: Hard.

I wish it wasn't this hard not because I don't like challenging dungeons but because it could be cool if new players can actually do this dungeon

Final grade: B+/A- ..congrats I have very high standards but you guys did exceptionally well for the most part.
    And the Name of this "new dungeon" is?? And is it 6 man or raid? lol
    Cool review if it included what dungeon is being talked about. -_^
    Might want to edit that into the original post. =)

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaClaw View Post
    And the Name of this "new dungeon" is?? And is it 6 man or raid? lol
    Cool review if it included what dungeon is being talked about. -_^
    Might want to edit that into the original post. =)
    Considering we get a new one every 6 months, should be pretty self explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Hmm what to do? I guess things would be easier if most players did not have a "loot farmer" mentality, and instead liked new challenges.
    But the randomness of at least some loot in here I like (not sure how exactly the loot tables work).
    I don't think it is tied to the player's mentality, but two last encounters are fights where coordination is the key, this is very hard to reach that with a pug.
    Maybe when the tactics will be better known, this feeling could disappear

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast