Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DT & Conqs & You(nerfing isnt the answer)

^^ Lol at the Guardian gold perk of Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Guards: um, give em a gold perk. Evolution. When this skill is activated your guard will transform into a DT for a short time.
    Well done! Had a laugh at that one.

But for VoM, I don't think it should be too hard to revamp without getting neck deep in code. Figure out if certain procs need to be re-scaled or removed, and it shouldn't mess with the mechanic too much. VoM doesn't need to go, it just needs to be brought back to earth.

Lol - that Guard gold perk gave me a good laugh =P

OK, there needs to be less moaning and groaning and more constructive ideas on improving classes.

Rangers: Give em a gold perk. An ability to fire when in hide. Maybe useable three times then 3 minute cool down.

Sins: Coup de grace. A gold perk allowing a stacked critical attack. With each critical attack a counter increases by one which allows the next critical attack to increase its multiplier by one and so on.

Demo: Mirrors.Three copies of the demo are created for a short time each does exactly half the damage of the original demo. each mirror has half the HP of the original demo and can be healed normally.

Guards: um, give em a gold perk. Evolution. When this skill is activated your guard will transform into a DT for a short time.
    At the current state of the game, asking them to revamp several classes is probably asking for way too much. IMO, the only class that needs a pve buff is rangers (maybe barbs a little as well).

DT needs a nerf, carnage tree in conq needs nerf. They should be brought back into alignment with the other classes, not the other classes raised to their level. Bringing other classes to their level would make the game walk-thru easy. Most of the other classes are fine and wouldn't need much work if those 2 classes were fixed.

While I'd love to see a total revamp of everything to give us a fresh start, I have little faith that FC could adequately do it, especially now, when they can't even get a fix for broken rez on the live server.

For PVE it's basically out of control. For PVP I really stopped caring 1 - 2 years ago.

DTs would need health tap %'s upped and have some +hate modifiers to pick up the slack in survivability and aggro if this went ahead. Conq just need a reduction in carnage DPS (I'd suggest via whirlwind, please no direct downgrade to bloodbath as this would mess with Brute tanking).

As far as pve is concerned, I'd rather have a dedicated dps class than a dps DT most of the time. Why ? simply because dedicated dps classes have more and better aggro management tools (hate reduction, aggro dumps). In our raid we had a shitload of dps DTs when we were trying on zodiac and a dps DT aggroing + weird pathing + suddenly the boss is not in symbol's range has been the occasion of grumpy raid more than once.
    Dps conq has access to aggro reduction but if there needs to be a nerf in pve then I'd nerf tanking banner and marauder's distraction to not grant hate reduction to soldiers at all (regardless of the stance). So that the dps potential would remain but your dps as a soldier would be limited more by the aggro.

In pvp first of all all combos stamina cost need to be increased so that stamina management is relevant again. This would hurt soldiers more than rogues that have better stamina management abilities, and hopefully limit their mobility (which is supposed to be their main bane) by limiting the use of Dash.
    Then about conq, Overcome the Odds shouldn't revert to the previous version but instead be given a visible particle effect. Also, a good chunk of weapon damage buff and Bladeweave used to require some amount of stacking, and that stacking has disappeared with the revamp (all those buffs are available right away). I wouldn't mind seing it reintroduced again.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Why on Earth will guard want to gimp his aggro and get that perk ? its just mad how incopentent person u are not checking before posting what you type... "Conqs also have parse topping DPS and have heavy armor mitigation (better then rogues) and let's throw in the single most useful utility spell in the game, conq rezz. " . Full epic t3/khitai conq with regular carn. build frenzy : 5% mitigation and -42% prot. oh hell yes its lot more than rogues... even my barb in khitai clothies has more and maybe 2k hp less than conq but tel us more stories please.

Actually, the thing i dislike about conq and dt being so OP is that it makes guard so weak in comparison.

I can't play my guard without wondering where's the juice in it.
    I mean, sure, as guard you don't rely on gear and AA, you can have god mode aggro and uber mitigation in blue gear, you're easy mode against any magical encounter.

But then, why on earth the class itself does not scale as much as dt and conq, it's so frustrating.

Actually, the way i see things, from the soldiers, the DT should be the multi-source damage dealer, the conq the dotter and the guard the heavy striker.
    But the 3 of them should have pretty much the same damage pool.

But frankly, soldiers being OP is much less of an issue in PvE than rogues being so useless.
    I mean, only the sin is of any use, but barb and ranger are really useless, it makes you wonder why there are even rogues in AoC.
    And adding TW and FH to the game did not make them any more useful, it's only artificial and quite cheap as a solution.

Other issue with DT is that in 6mans they are an even bigger problem than in raids. With PUGs that have so-so healing, it can be difficult to tank on others, but a DT can tap 300-500 hp/s and still have meaningful enough mitigation. Having a full T4 conq and comparing it to a nearly full T4 DT the difference is staggering. It's like the DT just can't die for 90% of the content.

That's how the devs ruined this game after the 1.5 wow patch, instead of scaling down a class and balancing them where they should be on the proverbial totem pole of all the other classes, instead the buff everyone else one by one creating a new FotM each time. From a shallow, linear imagination this looks like a good bandaid but eventually it catches up and the DPS is out of control, health pools are too small, gear is OP, and you are left with a community spoiled with having too many iWin buttons and wanting more. That said, I love the pvp in this game inspite of all this, it's just the AA and gear differences ruining it. Solution, revert back to 1.4 just increase the health pools and all your problems have been solved.
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 6th August 2013 at 12:58.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast