Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EQ Next

Get ready with your smedbux. Soe will have micro tranactis galore and if ps2 is anything to go by it will be slot of op gear that will then get nerfed after 2 months
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

I'm hoping that they'll make it available for players to have their own persistent worlds on private servers - ala Neverwinter Nights - so that I can transfer my D&D campaign over.

The Storybricks technology is simply fantastic, if it'll perform as they say.

Im on the fence on this one: it's kinda starting to remind me of MineCraft, of which I'm not a fan. I'm not keen on seeing some of the goofy buildings that are bound to pop-up.

With games like Rift; even tho the items are generic among all accounts, you can still place and resize to make no 2-structures the same in- game.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

EQ Next looks like complete crap. Minecraft with character development is all it seems to be. I would score EQOA as 20 steps above EQ-Next and it's been shut down for years. I've been following the videos trying to keep an interest but it looks so much like crash bandicoot 3-D I just can't do it.

Just not a fan of how cartoony they went and so much emphasis on crafting.
    Last edited by Suctum; 21st March 2014 at 03:23.
    Doomsayer 2008

The cartooniness is definitely a strike against it. I look at the armor and think, "gad, lookit all the sword traps just waiting to guide a blade to a weak spot."

And, I never liked the huge weapons. They destroy my suspension of disbelief. AoC has a little of that problem - crossbows seem way out of proportion - but, not to a distracting level.

And, if they do make it available privately, then - like with NWN's Aurora engine - I'll be able to modify the effect a little.

SoE keeps shoving that stupid Landmark crap down my throat.

EQ1 was cartoony, but it still had a feel of realness to it. EQ:Next just looks like some crappy cartoon network show, and I hate the sandbox style of gaming now which is springing up everywhere.

EQ1 did it right, and they have gotten it wrong ever since, although I will admit EQOA was actually an exceptional game, too bad they closed it down :/
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123