Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EQ Next

Default EQ Next

EQ Next reveal tomorrow.

Supposedly it's a huge sandbox game.

Can't wait.

Aaaand we should care.....why?
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

You should care cause you're clearly a pillow biter.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    You should care cause you're clearly a pillow biter.
    Pfft. I prefer to gnaw on something a tad more nutritious than pillows. You know, dead badgers, moose-legs and the occational muppet.

Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Their big revel seems to be an MMO with Torchlight style cartoony graphics.

I think its less about the cartoony graphics, but more about the true sandbox EQN will offer. If they put what they said they would have, and deliver as good as it sounds, it will be a success.

I don't like the high fantasy setting, but a true open world sandbox has me intrigued. It is EQ though (the "original" high fantasy cartoon MMO) It would be hard for them to change too much from that...I just wish it was more gritty and mature oriented.

If only these companies would learn from Rift and GW2. Both great technically sound games, but the bright colored, stupid, teen driven feel they have is fail.

The traditional quest driven static MMO is growing old though. Fortunately AoC has mechanics and mature feel that keep me interested for now. Grinding the same thing over and over for gear does not.

If they can pull off a true sandbox MMO like they've outlined (and I personally don't think they can), I'll give it a shot. Hell, I might even like it.

But as every single one of us on these forums know (or should know), MMO-players of today are an insanely picky bunch, and a bunch that won't stop short of crucifying you upside-down, naked, headfirst into an anthill while being set on fire if/when you can't meet our expectations.

I don't really mind the cartoony graphics, either, as long as said graphics has what I like to call presence about them. One example is the Barrens in WoW, that actually manages to convey a believable sense of being on a savannah. If it's pretty yet static and dead...meh.

The core of it comes down to if they can deliver on their promises, though. Having a fully destructible world is all fine and dandy, but I'm pretty sure that the world itself will look like a swiss cheese carved with high-megatonnage nukes within weeks of launch.

Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    If they can pull off a true sandbox MMO like they've outlined (and I personally don't think they can), I'll give it a shot. Hell, I might even like it.

But as every single one of us on these forums know (or should know), MMO-players of today are an insanely picky bunch, and a bunch that won't stop short of crucifying you upside-down, naked, headfirst into an anthill while being set on fire if/when you can't meet our expectations.

I don't really mind the cartoony graphics, either, as long as said graphics has what I like to call presence about them. One example is the Barrens in WoW, that actually manages to convey a believable sense of being on a savannah. If it's pretty yet static and dead...meh.

The core of it comes down to if they can deliver on their promises, though. Having a fully destructible world is all fine and dandy, but I'm pretty sure that the world itself will look like a swiss cheese carved with high-megatonnage nukes within weeks of launch.
    I agree...it comes down to the sandbox. I am skeptical about them delivering what they outlined, but if they do, damn be the cartoony graphics, it sounds pretty fun.

Mechanics will have a big part in me trying it also. Anything less sophisticated than AoC combos and I would lose interest pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellaxe View Post
    I agree...it comes down to the sandbox. I am skeptical about them delivering what they outlined, but if they do, damn be the cartoony graphics, it sounds pretty fun.

Mechanics will have a big part in me trying it also. Anything less sophisticated than AoC combos and I would lose interest pretty quick.
    Very true. Hell, AoC has effectively ruined most other MMO's for me, due to other MMO's not having as interesting a combat-system. If EQN actually has something similar in addition to the sandbox as promised, I'll even play the lion-race (depending on which others that are in the game :P).

Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

This game looks AMAZING but so did AoC when it was in its development phase. But Sony is a huge company so we'll have to see. The only factor preventing me from jumping on board wholesale is that its high fantasy... I'll have to play an elf or something sigh..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast