Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Solo Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    FC Plz introduce a solo dungeon which awards 8 T4 tokens and resets in a week and plz introduce a trader from which we can buy Dragon Tear and Rare Relic and T3.5 and T4 Weapons and accessories. Doing this will create more content for solo players for a long time. Keeping your best content locked to a small %age of players is not a wise decision. FC can create a T4 6 man too to benefit group players.
    Honestly, T4 isn't that hard. just go raid, funcom don't add solo T4 tokens or whatever, it's a stupid idea.

If you want T4 gear, do T4 raids with 24 people.

New players cant know tactics. Get a better tank?

Diff players hav diff playstyles.
    Which tank? I wasn't referring to play-style, but to people who're able to make wipe a raid only to be on top of parseer.

MMo = very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world.

Thats what u said. Giving a handful of guilds power to decide who gets khitai gear or who does not.
    Never said that, just leading people to do a "logical progression through the game without skipping content" in order to reach the endgame quickly.

THey could adjust the price of Dragon Tear and put a scripted gear check to decide who enters the dungeon like WoW.
    Some items must have to be hard to get, that's why it's called "rares". Ask veterans (not so-called elite) the best of the game was "progression", wiping months to create an instance or raid tactic, was the most fun. Farming is boring and an easy way to keep people's subscription running.

it's my point of view.

large numbers of players interacting means so much more than just raiding...chatting, teaming up in open world, fighting in open world, group content, even solo content and exchanging tactics and builds is interacting...

@Ponya: With my suggestion above you would still keep the "rare" factor of high end items, the "progression" feeling of achievement but would gain freedom of "how" you grind as soon as you have proven you can "beat" the content. There would also still be a higher chance to get those rares, if you chose the repeative way (random loot access will only be in those instances). Imo, there is no need to force the players to repeat the same content over and over

As might have been seen in other games and in aoc, if you limit access to progression or focus only certain gamestyles, the air will get thin at the top, especially if you keep adding more and more difficult tiers. You can then make the old stuff easier (keeping the grind/timesinkishness, but dumbing content down) or simply balance that through ease of access and conversion (same difficulty, but more ways to reduce the grind part).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 1st July 2013 at 20:44.

I think they should make some of the older raids and 6mans that NOBODY ever runs anymore solo. I just want to experience that content, and I am a new player...but cannot because nobody will run them. I want to run through Xibaluko or whatever it's called, but can never find a group to do it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudded View Post
    If you want T4 gear, do T4 raids with 24 people.
    pure and simple!!!
    i think they see to many sins with huge k/d and think the reason is just the t4 gear....lololol.....the reason IS THE PLAYER behind the class, not the gear, gear does nothing if a player doesnt fight and move, etc etc etc

NO RAID TOKENS FOR THE NON RAIDERS, this is an MMO and not a solo play game (lots of those out there to play)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Well, raiders can choke on their epic gear. I'd just like to see simple solo versions of all dungeons for the sake of storytelling and completing quests, which dungeon grinders care nothing about anyway. Give me bags of obsidian eggs, I don't care. Just allow me to finish the story, because I suspect there's a lot of it to be told in, say, Khitai.

Forget reading the dialog with NPCs or finishing that cinematic at the end of Enigmata of Yag which might have shed some light on what on earth's going on in that dreadfully designed nightmare of a dungeon, or how it relates to one of the most famous stories about Conan. Forget about all that, because "social gaming" is all about hurrying up and rushing to the next dungeon to get trophies.

Somewhere the soul of storytelling in computer gaming lies bleeding on the ground, killed by a demon of greed and pride wearing T4 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by lexconan View Post
    Well, raiders can choke on their epic gear. I'd just like to see simple solo versions of all dungeons for the sake of storytelling and completing quests, which dungeon grinders care nothing about anyway. Give me bags of obsidian eggs, I don't care. Just allow me to finish the story, because I suspect there's a lot of it to be told in, say, Khitai.

Forget reading the dialog with NPCs or finishing that cinematic at the end of Enigmata of Yag which might have shed some light on what on earth's going on in that dreadfully designed nightmare of a dungeon, or how it relates to one of the most famous stories about Conan. Forget about all that, because "social gaming" is all about hurrying up and rushing to the next dungeon to get trophies.

Somewhere the soul of storytelling in computer gaming lies bleeding on the ground, killed by a demon of greed and pride wearing T4 gear.
    i follow the story lines myself and i do have quests to complete in t4, but well, i havent manage to finish them up because we (guild) havent completed the t4....

i agree with your point of view to have quests completed differently if you want to know the story, but giving TOKENS and RARE RELICS/DRAGON TEARS, to solo players!!?? comon' thats to idiotic IMO

the raid tokens are the reward for fighting in team play and getting the best gear to whoever wants it, i dont mind the gear i have, i like the social part of the game, to be with friends, teach others, etc, but STILL, i hate and disagree strongly with giving raid stuff to players that dont deserve them (when i say deserve is because of effort in the game, killing a boss in team for example)

as far as i know, and seen in the game, no one needs t3/4 gear to solo play in this game --- hell, you dont even need epic gear if you know what you are doing with some classes, so, once more why give raid tokens to solo players???

this idea is similar to the one i saw some months ago about exchanging t2 tokens with t3 for players that dont raid t3, well if they dont raid t3 or higher, why do they need t3 gear!?
    Last edited by PutchPT; 1st July 2013 at 22:36.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

My favorite suggestions from here and my own lists, regarding epic solo content:
    • Recycle existing content in the game, like the underused dungeons, the elite version of the questing zones, etc. Either change it to solo or create solo-friendly paths through/around the team content: stealth, back paths guarded by non-elite sentries or puzzles, self-buffing or elite-debuffing potions/temporary abilities, etc.
    • I'd love something that was a gigantic 4 hour grind. Lock out being able to talk to vendors, enter other dungeons, use ports, or do other quests while the quest is active (i.e., you'd have to complete it -- either in a sitting or over several sessions -- or drop the quest and lose progress, before you could do much in the real world again).
    • Doesn't have to be one long dungeon. Make the 4-hour challenge an epic quest that goes through several solo dungeons (or, again, a new solo path through several epic dungeons).
    • Truly awesome rewards, but something solo-flavored to reduce the raider QQ. For example, a stat that only works in the solo content.
    Last edited by Prima; 2nd July 2013 at 00:27.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I agree with everyone, don't give t4 to people.

Only some "rare people" must get t4 stuff.

And we need better gap against player, to be sure the pvp is dead at 100%.

Why would people get gear easy ? No sence, they will stay in khitai gear, when some rare guys will get t4.

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    pure and simple!!!
    i think they see to many sins with huge k/d and think the reason is just the t4 gear....lololol.....the reason IS THE PLAYER behind the class, not the gear, gear does nothing if a player doesnt fight and move, etc etc etc

NO RAID TOKENS FOR THE NON RAIDERS, this is an MMO and not a solo play game (lots of those out there to play)
    I dont agree with u.

MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online

Yet Solo content was the highest demand of players in FC survey

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast