Thread: Larger Player labels? High res screens make them unreadable! HELP?!

Default Larger Player labels? High res screens make them unreadable! HELP?!

Hi guys,

I've sifted through many many many tutorials and threads on how to modify my ui, however, I cannot for the life of my find the command line that effects the player labels above over players and npc's!

**see: http://postimg.org/image/t9b4z1xld/**

As you can see I cant see anything, and i believe this is a massive problem for any one else using hi res screens and multi screen setups.

If anyone can help me out id be happy to compensate you for your time

Any thoughts?

I have tried for the longest time to adjust these - although I just wanted to change the color, as the dark blue is hard to see against the often dark raid dungeons, etc. I never could find the file which dealt with these, so gave up. The best I could manage was to change the font, which at least made it slightly larger and easier to read. Otherwise I couldn't find it. I even sent a PM to a dev asking, but never got a reply. I'm assuming that particular gui element is not changeable.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

You might want to look into ../Data/Gui/Customized/Fonts.xml

Specifically the ones you are looking for is called Font name="3D_TEXT" and Font name="3D_TEXT_SMALL". First one is the name, the second one is faction/guild name. Another one you might want to edit is Font name="HYBORIANLARGE", this changes the "INTERRUPTED!" text which appears over your head when your spell is interrupted (which I find to be a rather important feature). I wouldn't go over size="60" as it might crash your game at certain points, like dialog windows or when you open your inventory. Otherwise it's just trail and error, since the documentation is basically nonexistent.

A word of caution, this will also change the appearance of text in your chat window. If someone has a script with font face='hyborianlarge' it will most likely fill your entire chat window. I used to have all font names set to the same size and type to make the spammers less noticeable, but if you change the size to something larger it will only make the spammer problem worse.

There is also a file called FontConfig.xml in the same folder. This one only effects flash based text as I see it, like the alternate advancement window or feats window. But it has a scale= option, which would be nice if it worked in the Fonts.xml file. Or funcom could separate the text in the chat windows and the in game world text. I am certain there are better suggestions out there, but I think whatever customization we players have over the GUI has stayed the same since launch. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

(Anyone found a way to change the field of view? sorry for the small hijack :P)

Yeah, that works to a degree. But, their doesn't seem to be a specific field just for those player tags - in order to tweak them, other stuff changes. It's annoying.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Yeah, that works to a degree. But, their doesn't seem to be a specific field just for those player tags - in order to tweak them, other stuff changes. It's annoying.
    I'm just getting in to modifying UI's and I can't help you yet, but from what I have figured out, I believe you would be able to "define" a new "text family" and then call out the text you want to use the individual text type. Like I said though I do not know where/what to change yet, but hopefully someone comes along that does.

This might be the file you're looking for:

..\Data\Gui\Default\Views\PortraitGUI\OverheadConf ig.xml

Just the bloody thread I've been looking for for years... The character names and health bars above peoples' heads kills my fps due to their lame 3d nature (Kesh without names enabled 40ish fps, with names it's 25 fps max). Is it possible to change "family_id" of HOSTILE players in minis to show as the regular NPC name family? Meaning friendly players in my group would have no names hovering above their heads, but the hostile players would be treated as NPCs and thus have names hovering above their heads, salvaging some of the fps.
    Or, better, is it possible to change these fonts to 2d?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcat View Post
    This might be the file you're looking for:

..\Data\Gui\Default\Views\PortraitGUI\OverheadConf ig.xml
    I was looking for something like this since colors can blend into background from time to time.

Changed few, after adding the folder and file into /Customized, and no effect at all (not only after a /reloadui but after a client restart too).

color_friendly_player = "#ffffff"
    color_hostile_npc = "#beb500"
    color_hostile_minion_npc = "#B41D1D"
    color_hostile_player = "ffffff"

Any tips? Thanks.