Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Agro

Quote Originally Posted by Serrasus View Post
    The guards edge is in being able to survive magic fights w/o losing that much agro and in being able to swap with other tanks better then vom dts can, and have more utility with group buffs.Dts dps and agro comes from procing vom with crits, if they have to wear a bunch of bda or other protection gear it will mean less agro, if they don't wear protection gear and stick with crit gear they will build to much agro and die from lack of protection.

No question having geared Dts MT raids will result in stuff dying faster do to there extra dps, and a geared Dt ,given enough time, can build more agro then guard or conq ever can, if I had my way Dts would MT all physical fights in t4, with main guards bringing dps/or heals and have guards brought in for protection fights like emp/ent maybe mithrial although she doesn't hit that hard.
    Although, I was really tempted not to mention this... in order to kinda really convince myself that the above is true and make myself feel better about my guard.

Pssst! Check out this armor called fearless souls in T4 ..basically get max DPS + prot + hate to boot.. my DT did and he's a happy camper. My guard on the other hand.... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Pssst! Check out this armor called fearless souls in T4 ..basically get max DPS + prot + hate to boot.. my DT did and he's a happy camper. My guard on the other hand.... not so much.
    Do you really think people posting in this thread aren't familiar with the fearless souls armor set?

Anybody who doesn't think guards are the best tanks for protection fights is clearly smoking something. Fearless souls main pieces have less protection than BDA mains. Protection accessories kill a DT's stats, plus guards have mental barrier tactic which doesn't ruin their threat like running CoI does for a DT. Less crit on the accessories means bad agro for the DT and less health taps. Even wearing T3 gear my guard tanked emperor better than my DT does in fearless.

Who cares if my DT can lock Keaira up, it's not like that fight is anything but a loot piñata anyway. Guards work well on the harder fights like the emperor.

PS Stop trolling to start US vs EU arguments, thanks.

Difference between BDA and Fearless souls on a DT is slight, 1~2 %. And the Fearless has critigation. I've actually changed my stance on the whole you don't need any khitai crap policy, wearing kbit purp tanking gear I found to have better survivability then going straight from t3 gear which is still doable.

Difference between BDA and Fearless souls on a DT is slight, 1~2 %.
    But if you mix the BDA big parts with Fearless small ones it's a pretty big difference.

Also for guards it's an even bigger difference because of mental barrier (since the +15% prot scales with the prot from your gear). Guard t3 set also has even more prot (tiny difference though, but since s&s guards don't rely on crits or dps it's a very good set).
    Last edited by kalston; 13th August 2013 at 11:09.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    But if you mix the BDA big parts with Fearless small ones it's a pretty big difference.

Also for guards it's an even bigger difference because of mental barrier (since the +15% prot scales with the prot from your gear). Guard t3 set also has even more prot (tiny difference though, but since s&s guards don't rely on crits or dps it's a very good set).
    I don't notice the difference between my guard and DT, although this could be because of good healers vs. great healers. Remember, its not just that small mitigation difference between guard and DT, a DT can self heal while simultaneously doing the mega DPS. Guards can't do this. Thus, in effect the mitigation difference is neutralized.

And yeah maybe I'm not maximizing my guard since I haven't been playing for years and years. But my main, my healer, that I have been playing since the beginning, its just plain easier to keep DTs alive then guards on ANY fight. This not only includes khitai t4 but all k6s as well.

What I would like to see is a boost in guard DPS from dead last to middle of parse, right below the rogues, tied or slightly above the healers. EVEN at this state they would still be inferior to DTs.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 13th August 2013 at 11:31.

What I would like to see is a boost in guard DPS from dead last to middle of parse, right below the rogues, tied or slightly above the healers.
    You should stop posting about guards all over the forums. Find another hobby, get away from AoC (or at least forums), go out into the sunshine. You're losing more of your marbles every day, stop while you can.
    To not post completely meaninglessly, it's easy enough to tank more or less everything with T2-faction mix on guard. Anything above those just a handy bonus, I don't get why anyone bothers to argue about guard items.

its just plain easier to keep DTs alive then guards on ANY fight. This not only includes khitai t4 but all k6s as well.

What I would like to see is a boost in guard DPS from dead last to middle of parse, right below the rogues, tied or slightly above the healers. EVEN at this state they would still be inferior to DTs.
    wut

please... I agree that DTs are over the top but you just have to stop posting such continuous nonsense.

Might as well. Its been 5 long years. Maybe the game has just become unenjoyable? With so many other games coming down the pipeline... even fighting for 1 class change has become meaningless...we're now down to 1 server, its effectively a sinking ship. I'm too tired. Peace out guys.

Give me your full T4 Guard and DT before you go please

Quote Originally Posted by Krixus View Post
    Give me your full T4 Guard and DT before you go please
    i highly doubt he actually has either