Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New PvP gear

I for sure welcome unchained minis!

This game needs new players. Unchained will help some.
    A new tier of PvP gear will make the gap bigger vs new players
    thus put more fire under the decline of PvP playerbase.
    Standing there with T6 PvP gear and nobody to fight against will not be funny

I have played just now and then last 2 years, and i have fallen behind alittle with my gear. Not such a big deal yet, but will get harder if new Tiers of gear comes. On my alts i get 3-shotted.
    Not funny. I can just imagine how new players has it. it cant be that much fun PvP'ing.

The only thing i realy want is more stats/ranking/fun!
    Crafting would be nice.

For me i am looking for something to bring me back for full to AoC.
    And as a PvP only, Funcom has to deliver soon.
    I dont know how it is for others, but i am at the edge of ending my sub. Dont know yet. Depends what Funcom are doing this year.

-2008-

i think what would work best about all this would be:

1.any player joining unchained minigame get asked at start if he wants to use his gear or have t2 pvp set.

2.adjust t3 pvp sets to be comparable in dps with t4 and reduce protection in it with most stats being pvp only.

3.all players joining minigames have full access to aa tree.

4.remove all pvp lvl requirements to buy ingame t1 pvp set for world pvper's

rest of future pvp gear to be when crafting revamp is finaly finished.
    to allow players to setup the stats they want in a personalized fashion within limits within the new crafting.
    Last edited by noite80; 14th June 2013 at 03:10.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i think what would work best about all this would be:

1.any player joining unchained minigame get asked at start if he wants to use his gear or have t2 pvp set.

2.adjust t3 pvp sets to be comparable in dps with t4 and reduce protection in it with most stats being pvp only.

rest of future pvp gear to be when crafting revamp is finaly finished.
    to allow players to setup the stats they want in a personalized fashion within limits within the new crafting.
    That is stupid idea, why the whole point of unchained mini to create gear balance and AA balance would be completely destroyed.

Stop crying a river for T4 gear, learn to use the pvp 1-3 tier and get better at the game its that simple.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    That is stupid idea, why the whole point of unchained mini to create gear balance and AA balance would be completely destroyed.

Stop crying a river for T4 gear, learn to use the pvp 1-3 tier and get better at the game its that simple.
    t3 versus t4 gear this is a big hole...

when i have the weapon so, i think the one who cry is the one who have farm t4 who think they will farm mini with those cheated stuff, and with unchained they can't

You play on an unpopulated server where the only PvE progression are occasional 6-mans and perhaps a pug T1/T2. The people you are fighting against in minis for the most part are alts of people who main on Set. These alts and those who have stayed and mained on Tyranny have a huge gear gap between those who PvP on Set vs. Tyranny minis. PvP armor is normal on Tyranny because with it's current population, it's the easiest to get, especially T1 PvP armor which only has level as a requirement.

While a few might have geared toons on Tyranny, for the most part you are not witnessing what the PvE gear progression has done for people on Set. How many rangers on Tyranny are running around in full T4 gear, or how many casters? How many melee classes have an Ibis or T4 sword? How many people have T4 neck pieces? Until you mini against that in T1 PvP gear, you have no idea what kind of gear gap T4 has created against PvP gear.

If I can be nearly 1 shotted by a T4 Ranger or Sin in full T3 PvP gear, what chance does someone have in T1 PvP gear. It has very little to do with learn to play (the game is quite dumbed down from what it was), it has all to do that there exists a huge gear gap between PvP armor (other than soldiers) and T4 armor.

Can you still do well in PvP armor, in T2 PvP armor and up yes. Are there some L2P issues, sure. But when your scope of the game is limited to a low population server that the best gear available is K6 or perhaps PvP T2, your not seeing the while picture.
    Last edited by Suctum; 14th June 2013 at 09:10.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You play on an unpopulated server where the only PvE progression are occasional 6-mans and perhaps a pug T1/T2. The people you are fighting against in minis for the most part are alts of people who main on Set. These alts and those who have stayed and mained on Tyranny have a huge gear gap between those who PvP on Set vs. Tyranny minis. PvP armor is normal on Tyranny because with it's current population, it's the easiest to get, especially T1 PvP armor which only has level as a requirement.

While a few might have geared toons on Tyranny, for the most part you are not witnessing what the PvE gear progression has done for people on Set. How many rangers on Tyranny are running around in full T4 gear, or how many casters? How many melee classes have an Ibis or T4 sword? How many people have T4 neck pieces? Until you mini against that in T1 PvP gear, you have no idea what kind of gear gap T4 has created against PvP gear.

If I can be nearly 1 shotted by a T4 Ranger or Sin in full T3 PvP gear, what chance does someone have in T1 PvP gear. It has very little to do with learn to play (the game is quite dumbed down from what it was), it has all to do that there exists a huge gear gap between PvP armor (other than soldiers) and T4 armor.

Can you still do well in PvP armor, in T2 PvP armor and up yes. Are there some L2P issues, sure. But when your scope of the game is limited to a low population server that the best gear available is K6 or perhaps PvP T2, your not seeing the while picture.
    Simple.

No chance at all >> the new player leave the game >> pvp die >> Because of pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

Just wait till people on Tyranny see lots of T4 gear when they merge with Fury and people on Set transfer back

t4 actualy balances things vs soldiers pvp gear and priests for that matter, i fully understand your ignorant about this just hope the funcom people arent as blind to reality as you.

i like the concept of unchained minigames its needed its no fun to kill f2p players so fast on my main or any other alt of mine in minigames.

----------------------------------------------------------------

this is important because there is a lot of tactical sense in even swapping gear mid fight and forcing players to use 1 set wich isnt even good is pure crap!!!
    on the other hand players without pvp t2 set are naked in my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

i find this extremely needed beacuse t3 pvp should be best pvp set for all class wich clearly inst, this re stat evaluation should include weapons.
    maybe instead of having t2 gear given at start give #revamped" t3 set instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

rest of future pvp gear to become available when crafting revamp is finaly finished.
    hopefully allowing players to setup the stats they want in a personalized fashion within limits.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Simple.

No chance at all >> the new player leave the game >> pvp die >> Because of pve.
    pvp in aoc is minigames minigames minigames minigames minigames minigames minigames, ocasional siege...

there is no other pvp system...
    oh wait there is bori where you hit nodes with a pick axe for tradeskill materials to be sacrificed for pvp xp .

i dont like it i wish there was guild vs guilds pvp system and open world objectives to even justify pvp servers existing.

so far only thing close to it is pyre/body parts mechanics in cimmerian end wich is great and should be expanded to open world pvp servers do they do it? nope they havent...

new player have indeed left game because of extreme gap in aa's gear, wich is something new gd is adjusting quite nicely with now any subscribed person can reach lvl80 with 80+ aa points great move *applause*

unchained minigames*reserving applause to see if its well done*
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    t4 actualy balances things vs soldiers pvp gear and priests for that matter, i fully understand your ignorant about this just hope the funcom people arent as blind to reality as you.

i like the concept of unchained minigames its needed its no fun to kill f2p players so fast on my main or any other alt of mine in minigames.

----------------------------------------------------------------

this is important because there is a lot of tactical sense in even swapping gear mid fight and forcing players to use 1 set wich isnt even good is pure crap!!!
    on the other hand players without pvp t2 set are naked in my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

i find this extremely needed beacuse t3 pvp should be best pvp set for all class wich clearly inst, this re stat evaluation should include weapons.
    maybe instead of having t2 gear given at start give #revamped" t3 set instead.

rest of future pvp gear to become available when crafting revamp is finaly finished.
    hopefully allowing players to setup the stats they want in a personalized fashion within limits.
    Balance things? What are you on about?
    Seriously you people are like a thick rock that can't take in any other opinion.

T4 gear is OP it is very unbalanced, whether in terms of dps or progression from pvp or pve t1-3 gear.

It dosnt balance anything out due to the fact not everyone has T4 or PVP T3 gear, in fact majority has a mix of PVP T1-2 with khitai or raid gear.

This is where the imbalance comes in, it is the fact that NOT everyone is able to obtain these T4 gear which causes the ones who do not have pvp 10 or t4 left out in the shades.
    So your argument is absolutely invalid until everyone has T4 or T3 pvp.

Also why would you suggest removing protection in pvp gear?
    This is an age of casters, Pom Tos Demo Necro absolutely dominate in pvp.

Just because majority of the players who play these classes lack the skill to survive and dps/kill at the same time, dosnt mean these classes are weak vs Tanks/Rogue.

Good players still top kills all the time with their class no matter the gear. Sure T4 will greatly help but the point is they do not rely on it, and they do not have the time to grind out T4 or pvp t3.

In The end T4 Gear is unbalanced, it is OP vs everything.
    Stop coming up with excuses to nerf other classes while crying about how aT4 nerf will hurt a caster.
    It is obviously you play a caster and rogue.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny