Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New PvP gear

Default Changes in the use of the system gear

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    if they dont allow pve gear in minigames then only soldiers and healers will sign up :P.

realy hope they adjust pvp gear to be comparable to t4.
    Not think we need a new pvp gear, what is needed is Separating one from the other,
      that of PvE gear can not be used in pvp and vice versa that pvp gear can not be used in pve, I think something like SWTOR PvP System in terms of gear
    and sorry for my English is not my native language

if they dont allow pve gear in minigames then only soldiers and healers will sign up :P.

realy hope they adjust pvp gear to be comparable to t4.
    Somes wrong with you.

Casters/Rogues do very good in pvp gear... it has been like this for past 5 years.

What you think people been doing without T4 gear before? not signing up for minis?
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    Somes wrong with you.

Casters/Rogues do very good in pvp gear... it has been like this for past 5 years.

What you think people been doing without T4 gear before? not signing up for minis?
    nothing wrong.
    just you dismissing reality t4 is way better for rogues&mages for pvp.
    many full t4 player wont sign up for minigames if they cant use the gear they want, and there is no way around that unless you actualy making pvp gear the best gear to pvp wich for mages&rogues it is not.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Somes wrong with you.

The T2/T3 PvP armor and the rings are good for casters. The Cape and neck, however, are terrible since they add very little survivability when you really do not have that much to begin with other than protection.

Since tanks and other non-mage dps (minus sin) have already much higher armor and hit points ratings, it benefits them much more than it will a caster. I have used an entire PvP set and my DPS is terrible with the Cape and Neck, at most you can only get around 940 magic damage without any pots, maybe around 1010 with FoW.

They need to come out with a protection set of accessories (which we have now) and a DPS set. Actually, they should have several armor types to choose from if they are shadowing the GW2 model and allow players to customize their equipment how they want it.
    Doomsayer 2008

nothing wrong.
    many full t4 player wont sign up for minigames if they cant use the gear they want, and there is no way around that unless you actualy making pvp gear the best gear to pvp wich for mages&rogues it is not.
    I miss the old gear on the basis that PvP gear was the best gear for PvP but you could PvE with it and that PvE gear was the best for PvE but you could PvP with it until you got your PvP gear. I still remember how PvP 4 and up was like god mode for many classes with the way the stats were so I'm not saying bring it back but when did PvE gear become the clear cut better choice for PvP for some classes?

If PvE gear is better for PvP than PvP gear, regardless of the class or archtype that it benefits the most it should be looked at as obviously the PvP gear for that archtype or class is deficient in one or more areas to make it not the clear choice for PvP. I can understand it being just weapons or a minor piece of armor or the accessories but not an entire set of PvP gear being worse than wearing PvP gear for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    I miss the old gear on the basis that PvP gear was the best gear for PvP but you could PvE with it and that PvE gear was the best for PvE but you could PvP with it until you got your PvP gear. I still remember how PvP 4 and up was like god mode for many classes with the way the stats were so I'm not saying bring it back but when did PvE gear become the clear cut better choice for PvP for some classes?

If PvE gear is better for PvP than PvP gear, regardless of the class or archtype that it benefits the most it should be looked at as obviously the PvP gear for that archtype or class is deficient in one or more areas to make it not the clear choice for PvP. I can understand it being just weapons or a minor piece of armor or the accessories but not an entire set of PvP gear being worse than wearing PvP gear for PvP.
    It's only viable for casters, sins, and ranger. Why, caster obviously because you can get 1500+ magic damage, 20% crit chance and 30%+ crit damage rating on top of the best constitution armor available for cloth. Your magic invulns might be meh, but you will have more hit points than the PvP armor.

Sin because of the extremely high Dex mixed with decent combat rating, but really the crit rating. Seeing as most sin white hits hit a clothie for 600-1000 alone...a sin does not need protection since your LO is constantly procced and you still have dull pain and a speed boost...

Ranger...same as sin. The extremely high dex mixed with the crit rating...one Fire Advanatge/PEN shot is usually enough damage to allow a TTS on a clothie. I know I have died to that combo before at full health in almost full T3 PvP armor.

Why T4 armor then?

You can't achieve the inflated stats that T4 allows for these classes in PvP armor, not that protection is really important for any of these classes anyways because demo/necro, sin, or ranger, all have the cc's and abilities to kite extremely well. A HoX you might be screwed though And I would not suggest the T4 armor for tanks, even if you had the protection set your still missing way too much to survive casters. Barb might be doable, but you'll be squishy as hell to a caster.

Healers I have no idea.
    Last edited by Suctum; 12th June 2013 at 00:37.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post

yeah i remeber the thrill i had ganking my way to pvp5 was fun doing it on my now deleted ranger .

i especialy miss the guild rivalry and how easy it was to start a huge world pvp fight.

its realy my hope they make pvp gear good for pvp again i have great expectations reguarding crafting and personal stats in gear like being able to get magic+crit rating+evade+health tap for my necro, and heavy armour with magic damage+crit rating+health tap+protection on dt :P.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

nothing wrong.
    You're not making any sense.
    No one is dismissing that T4 is better gear for Rogues and mages.

You're saying players ( casters/rogues) won't sign up or pvp if PVE gear, specifically T4 gear is not allowed in pvp.
    That statement is wrong, people sign up everyday without a single piece of t4 gear.
    You're argument is absolutely invalid on so many levels and makes no sense.
    T4 gear wouldn't be the best possible gear for pvp once they separate pve from pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The T2/T3 PvP armor and the rings are good for casters. The Cape and neck, however, are terrible since they add very little survivability when you really do not have that much to begin with other than protection.

Since tanks and other non-mage dps (minus sin) have already much higher armor and hit points ratings, it benefits them much more than it will a caster. I have used an entire PvP set and my DPS is terrible with the Cape and Neck, at most you can only get around 940 magic damage without any pots, maybe around 1010 with FoW.

They need to come out with a protection set of accessories (which we have now) and a DPS set. Actually, they should have several armor types to choose from if they are shadowing the GW2 model and allow players to customize their equipment how they want it.
    Dude, no one is saying T4 gear sucks the heck is wrong with you people.

Point is ready?
    Players caster/rogue do just fine with pvp gear, why? because they don't have the time to grind pve or t4 gear.
    PVP gear is perfectly good for casters/rogue
    What you think carnage, US, Asylum premades back in the day wore? full t4? it was pvp 10 gear. And they all do just fine.

Somes wrong with you.

kithai and pvp armor mixed, kithai dps set alone tend to be glass canon, this and t3 pve raid or crafted weapons and accessories. t4 pve raid set remove any survivability drawback to a dps output even more scaled to the top, weapons and accessories stats are like t5-6 in power scaling when you look at t2>3 progression however none of the bosses themselves are any harder than a keeper or a thot-amon, "hardcore" raiders have been spoon fed to stay in the game to grind the perfect gear but the game director at the time also forgot everything about a stagnant and already outdated pvp progression.

how about removing token quests cooldown and add repeatable open world quests in border kingdoms to kill 25-50 people for a 3-4 tokens and disable tracking there at the same time?

unchained minigames are promising, roll any class anytime and pvp for bragging rights without worrying about grind and pve power gap is nice and stats would be meaningful there also we could have small and large scale deathmatch arenas like this, no pvper is against diversity but too much power scaling biased toward pve raid progression eventually gets old to even the most loyal age of conan 'core' vet, what would howard say?

the only thing preventing everyone to instantly rolling conq or any stupid fotm class is the will to grind more of the same pve for an edge in pvp, some still do it lol while others took years to gear up and master a main class and cant be arsed.

end of the random rant from a random age of warcraft player.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast