Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Petition: delete old accounts

Well I've been gone for 2 years roughly, and just recently came back. If I had come back to all my names being generic'd...I probably wouldn't have stayed long.

So...who knows what a fair idea might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anukete View Post
    So...who knows what a fair idea might be.
    $$$ is the fair idea. Whoever has given more money to FC until that day gets to keep the conflicting name.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    $$$ is the fair idea. Whoever has given more money to FC until that day gets to keep the conflicting name.
    90$ for original CE game+ 2 years of subscription and 70$ for big Turan pack and various other cash shop items...

Do I win yet?

See the inherent problem with that idea? I've dropped a lot of money on this game, but I also haven't played in a good 2 years and would still outprice 80% of the customers that have been around the entire time. So if I never came back, my names probably would be held against a good chunk of the population for a long time. The problem also still remains that I've spent a lot of money on this game and probably will again now that I've returned. If I had come back and all my character's names had been stripped, I probably would have just written the whole idea off as not worth the effort.

Funcom wont want to drive potential returning customers away, especially when they have spent a lot of money and potentially will again. But at the same time they want to keep loyal and new customers happy. It's a bit of a conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anukete View Post
    Do I win yet?
    Yup. That's a lot of money and you deserve preferential treatment over someone who didn't give them that much money. Similarly, someone who's been subbed from launch should be seen as a more important customer than you (or me come to think of it). Nobody (in their right mind) would accuse a business for doing that.

After notification via email a cooling off period would apply. Same as last time. During this time, you can simply log in to your account management page and reserve your respective names. Not need to log in to game. Otherwise your toon gets renamed if it meets certain time-out criteria. You could potentially opt in to a 'forced' name change as well. Not a complete wipe, just those that haven't logged, are F2P and are inactive.

It's not rocket science. Keeping everyone informed of the time, the process and making it easy to do would give time for more input and people to log to make their changes.

You would think MMOs would have figured out a way to use hidden characters or Conan the Demo vs Conan the Barb. Or maybe add hyphens to names now?

I have been playing since 2008 and most all of my characters are level 80 now. Right now I am just waitng for Funcom to make AoC more user friendly. I am not going to grind stuff for years anymore, they need more content opened up or added.

Well, i came back to AoC after about a 3 year break. If my character was deleted i would not play AoC ever again. Now im having a great time with it and im subbed.

Its called first come first serve. And to be honest if you are coming up with "unique" names you wont have a problem right?

My name for example, has never been taken in a single game ive ever played, no matter how long after launch. Unique.

Those petition posts are always so cute!

But, i agree that naming issue is annoying.
    Probably the optimal way to handle that would be at the time of server merge, and add some extra characters or server name to the char's name while keeping priority to the characters logged in last xx months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhove View Post
    My name for example, has never been taken in a single game ive ever played, no matter how long after launch. Unique.
    Which name is that?
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

it could also be given an option to players, on their accounts, to save the names when they need to go off the game for while and know they will return in future, like for example: an option to save the names for 6 months for just 5-bucks (always cheaper then paying to stay subbed for the 6 months and its good for anyone with money problems or changing their living locations and need time out)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567