Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition: delete old accounts

If I lose any other names to inactive but subbed for a year players, I am going to lose it this time.

Never forgive FC for robbing me of Indica ... after 3 years of use ... only as someone else had a paid-for-longer sub, but did not play 6 months of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    /notsigned

It's part of being an F2P game, and being an older game in particular. Just try some originality in your naming and you can come up with something.
    Wrong - part of any mmo is a database clean up. But there were better and not-so-harsh solutions mentioned here. There is a difference between originality and 3 hours spent on a character creation screen coming up with some decent name with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post
    Agreed. Most players who think they're coming up with an original name are not original at all. I never had issues in finding short and cool/funny names for any of my multiple chars, even though I don't thing I'm particularly imaginative.

But I reckon the current plethora of various orthographic occurrences of "Khalessi" and "Daenerys" says long about most players's laziness when it comes to names :P
    No, not everybodys naming is based on G.R.R. Martin's characters. Not everybody is driven by modern trends like a sheep. So please stop this originality elitism bs.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    If I lose any other names to inactive but subbed for a year players, I am going to lose it this time.

Never forgive FC for robbing me of Indica ... after 3 years of use ... only as someone else had a paid-for-longer sub, but did not play 6 months of it.
    I bet US customers can keep their names just like Russians did. New russian f2p char --> Any old veteran EU name
    If you have subbed for 5 years and cancel now and then newbie sub for 1 month he is treated as "rightful" owner.

Always been problem in merges. If account is old, then it should be rightful owner and not the one who has currently longer sub paid in advantage. I never pay more than one month in advantage and played 4 years, so it was 12x4 paid times.
    Last edited by darknessjw; 31st May 2013 at 10:22.

/signed

but before doing it Funcom should send ppl a warning to log in if they want to keep their names.

/Signed

When I started playing in 2008 my nick was taken and I had to come up with another one. I still can't use that nick! I've never seen a player with my nick anywhere! Gahhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    No, not everybodys naming is based on G.R.R. Martin's characters. Not everybody is driven by modern trends like a sheep. So please stop this originality elitism bs.
    Chill. It was just an example. But seing somebody asking to have a name like "Indica" back, sounds surrealistic to me. Just like it would be with names like "DarkAvenger", "SnakEyes". Generic and popular, easy stuff like that, even if it's modular, makes 80% of the names you see in game. It's not being elitist to expect more imagination than that. It's asking for less laziness.

But anyway, you're right in the end: if that's what 80% players are asking for, they should do something about that. I wouldn't die from it, it'd just make me shrug.

I am for name cleanups for 2008 accounts as it is 5 years ago Honestly, they will most likely not play anymore.

Account deletion for a paying costumer is a whole different thing and should never happen.

Or add surnames... deleting accounts will only be a temp fix. We need surnames...

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Or add surnames... deleting accounts will only be a temp fix. We need surnames...
    Yeah I've often wondered there were never white spaces (gaps) allowed. I guess it was a limitation or a mandated restriction imposed on the database, but still it would have been nice to have. Clean up all those dotdotdotdotyouup's in to Dot Dot Dot You Up's =P

Dot Dot Potato chop, dot dot potato chop! Dot dot potato chop!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast