Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition: delete old accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    I don't think you will lose it to an inactive character.
    The parameters for stuff like that are most active, longest subscriber and stuff like that right? That way an active player would always win from an inactive player.

Apart from that:
    It would also be nice for us to see what names are in use on the US servers. It would be a nice way of "forcing" us to subscribe for 1 year if we want to keep our names.

In my case, I probably would need to subscribe for a year to keep most of my names.
    You are probably right (I forget all the technical stuff and didn't look it up before posting) but I think the bottom line remains - no one currently playing wants to lose their name if it's avoidable.

But for example, if someone's been subbed for 3 years, and still has a sub going to the end of 2013, but hasn't logged in for a 9 months, they would get priority over someone F2P or someone who just started playing six months ago that is active (if I remember right).

If I can convince the guys up top to do a name purge before the server merge, this may alleviate some of the naming issues with the merge itself. (NO promises! But I'll see what I can do.)
    Last edited by Arishanya; 30th May 2013 at 15:56.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    If I can convince the guys up top to do a name purge before the server merge, this may aleviate some of the naming issues with the merge itself. (NO promises! But I'll see what I can do.)
    If that would happen, it would be great! That way all people can keep the names they want to have

Do you know if there is any way to look up names on US servers, except from creating a char and downloading the us client?

Dont delete the character. Just give them a character rename, and option to rename when they reenter the game.

If that would happen, it would be great! That way all people can keep the names they want to have

Do you know if there is any way to look up names on US servers, except from creating a char and downloading the us client?
    Since Yellow Gremlin shut down, I don't know of any way of doing this online.

If you play EU now, you could take the localconfig file from the US client and create a f2p char, I think that skips having to reinstall the entire client. (Vice Versa for US to EU). But in-game you still can't search for every character name on the server - just those online at the time.
    English Community

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

... But in-game you still can't search for every character name on the server - just those online at the time.
    Nope, you can add them to your friend list; if the char exists, it will be added, if not, you will get a message that the character doesn´t exist. Then you can also see their level (alo lvl 10 slacker over there) and back in the days you could see how many days ago they were online for the last time as well.. this info has been disabled for some unknown reason, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    Nope, you can add them to your friend list; if the char exists, it will be added, if not, you will get a message that the character doesn´t exist. Then you can also see their level (alo lvl 10 slacker over there) and back in the days you could see how many days ago they were online for the last time as well.. this info has been disabled for some unknown reason, tho.
    If you know the name you want to search for, yes, you are correct. But to search for a list of all names on US (or EU) servers, there's no way to do that.
    English Community

If you know the name you want to search for, yes, you are correct. But to search for a list of all names on US (or EU) servers, there's no way to do that.
    I'm kinda interested about some of my character names, because I want to keep them, that's why I want to know.

Any idea where I can find the US config file?

for the purposes of creating a new char I know the name(s) I want to search for 99% of them are already taken, tho

btw it would greatly help, if the name could contain of more words than one, or if at least a "-" could be used in other clients than PL/RU ones

I'm kinda interested about some of my character names, because I want to keep them, that's why I want to know.

Any idea where I can find the US config file?
    Go to this thread: http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...27&postcount=3
    English Community

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast