Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition: delete old accounts

I never really had problems with taking name. Even on international MMOs.

But i agree, i see many people like in that link Slith posted

i like the idea also on changing their names after a few months but inactivity of players and changing their names should be different from the type of subscription like, if a player was P2P at some point his/her name changes after some months of inactivity (6 for example) putting numbers in front of the name, but on the other hand if a player never was P2P at any time and becomes inactive his/her name changes also the same way but with less time of inactivity for it (3 months for example) - remember some p2p players need to stop playing for a while because of real life issues and not because they rage quit or other reasons against the game, so no point in giving them a huge penalty...
    about deleting an account if think its too extreme but if that happens i think that should only happen to f2p players since they dont benefit the game in real money and only fill in the servers bringing problems in future for performance and maintenance

but has KURT already said, all users should be notified about inactivity before name changes and/or account is deleted

The assumption that f2p players do not contribute financially (we do not know how much money they spent on the shop, in theory they could have contributed more than people with a few years sub, if you look at the prices for a full set of blue shop lvl30 armor and weapons as well as vanity gear, potions, bags etc.) might be wrong, but you add several good points (measuring the activity, the way people subbed before, the shop activity maybe too etc.).
    The way of adding numbers (or other things) in front of the name might be good, to distinguish these players from leftovers from merges or people not wanting to pay for a name change (though i think they probably keep a variable extra for that).
    So plenty of less drastic measures, options and steps than deleting available
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th May 2013 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatem View Post
    No need to delete them. Just let multiples of the same name exist.
    Sorry, but not that good of an idea. 2 toons with same name will create a nightmare when mailing stuff to that toon or adding to friends or ignore list.

Just clean up the old ones not in use anymore.

While I don't think level 80's should ever be deleted, it would be really nice if Funcom deleted any characters 79 or below who were created 2+ years ago on currently inactive accounts. I agree it really is very frustrating. And without a random name generator in AoC, your left frustrated having to sit there and think of names others have already used constantly.

Yeah deleting toons is a can of worms in waiting. Just change the names if they meet whatever the determined parameters are. And as was suggested earlier, even less work would be required by FC if they simply only initiated the name change on request/demand instead of automatically changing all names that met such parameters.

Renaming inactive toons is a good idea. Something should be done about name issue.

Just wanted to say that I have thrown this up the ladder for review, since I als agree it would be a sad sad day if I lost my character names to an inactive player.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Well, isn't this nice. Why wasn't this addressed in the TL forum's?

There's no need to delete 80's. Unless specifically requested by a player of course, but when you have millions of sub-20's who have not played in years?

Require account reactivation via simple log in.
    Failing a log after x months;
    - Name reset after x months if not logged after xx months and
    - Character deletion if character < xx levels, and not logged after < xx months on Free to Play. More if premium, if ever. Or if never converted to F2P

A lot of those returnee's would probably appreciate a name change anyway.

Of course, if FC receive a significant anmount of cash currently from renaming, then this is all for naught anyway =)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast