Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No Class Balance at all

Yup.

But they better do something about the bori token mechanic in minis, I don't wanna have to do bori just to get a pvp 10 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Yup.

But they better do something about the bori token mechanic in minis, I don't wanna have to do bori just to get a pvp 10 weapon.
    Better yet, make pve gear have no impact to PVP. Make it vanity in pvp. I recall funcom asked this question a few surveys before. I don't recall what the outcome was, but would be interested to see if the vast majority of pvpers selected YES to having pve gear have attributes in PVP and what the PVErs said with regard to this. Kind of looking at the difference in mindset of pvers vs pvpers on this topic. Since I have always heard that the pve community outweighs the pvp community by quite a bit, this may be a problem in itself.

PvE gear and PvP gear *should* be separate.

Then you need to focus on the relevant side of the coin to progress gear-wise.

Using PvE gear in PvP I think was unintended (or at least, I hope it was), but you can hardly blame people for doing it when the stats on the items are ridiculous.

pve armor /weapons should have nerfed stats in pvp just as pvp armor /weapons have nerfed stats for pve why such a simple thing was never done is beyond me.
    While the premise of unchained minis seems a good start how many will actually play them remains to be seen. I would guess there are more people who really love their pve items for pvp than care to admit it and therefore unchained minis will never appeal to those people. Not to mention in unchained minis there won't be undergeared under-aa toons for all the "pros" to chase around the whole mini to farm kills.
    Last edited by Frejya; 28th May 2013 at 03:25.

Talking

I made post about pvp weapons and armor vs. Pve gear and it got buried. Lets get make some more noise about this so that super joel bylos can make it happen.

Here's my original post:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180370
    Last edited by xkrunkx; 28th May 2013 at 04:45.
    Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolo View Post
    T4 weapons and accessories are clearly overpowered when compared to pvp ones or even kithai, this is a fact, T3 crafts as well to some extent.

t4 armor sets give too much dps for their survivability outside raiding environment, it's like having the best of brittle blade and wolf set combined with max armor, constitution, main stat and crit.

the worst combination are when casters ally t4 armor with t3 craft/pvp shield for the extra protection over pvp armor while keeping max armor mitigation, constitution and dps output, when rogue simply maximize dps output with T4 set and weapons and 3-shots casters while surviving with max constitution, armor and aa+feats+speed+range+hide or when soldiers use T2/t3 pvp set with more than enough survivability needed to max their dps output with t4 weapons or t3 craft and t4 accessories.

everyone know it but few are the pvp players left who care about a balanced pvp progression or at least a balanced pvp environment. they are tossed as whiners by the rest of the pve grinding and raiding community.

as for the for mana thing above, necro dots lasting 40 sec, spreading and denying out of combat regen or dt buff with sc running are the biggest issue, anything preventing out of combat regen will significatively impact mana pool of casters such as the inherently dot based vengeance pom or tos having storm crown running and casting the costy stormfield, it's a real tradeoff melee characters can completely ignore as nothing can impact their stamina significantly to run out of ressource.
    Here's probably the most honest post so far this year...

And as far as PvP weapons...why wouldn't PvP weapons be better for PvP since that's not only what they are used for but also how you obtain them.

It doesn't make much sense that you would grind to PvP 10 for months to have crap weapons when you could join a T4 raid and have a chance to instantly get better weapons in under 2 hours, and for some classes armor and acessories as well...the fact that PvE T4 items are in such a demand for PvP is why the US servers had such a population shift away from the PvP servers to last PvE server. That alone says it all...
    Last edited by Suctum; 28th May 2013 at 05:55.
    Doomsayer 2008

I will agree T4 gear is completly OP in mini games and as a Demo its really unfair to others how unbalanced damage is compared to T2/3 PvP gear. I would prefer wearing my pvp gear but aslong as there are fully T4 Assasins and Barbs running around 2 shoting casters, the only chance at a fair fight is wearing T4 gear aswell, and it works better than pvp gear. Im hoping that mini games are balanced to where T2/3 pvp sets are automaticly equiped to players when they enter a mini and cant change gear only swap weapons. Untill that is implemented, people will equip whatever gear gives them the advantage.

Funny how a post about class balance turned on gear balance again ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Funny how a post about class balance turned on gear balance again ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolo View Post
    ranger is still the real carry class, conq for melee and pom for healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    i try to say t4 pve gear totally ruins pvp.
    the correlation: rogues with t4 equip 3 shot casters, soldiers and bs with pvp set and t4 equip are immortal rogues and poms with t4 equip and crafts are immortal mages while t4 mages get kills on average characters 10 by 10.

Gear increase just the imbalance of each class. But at the beginning, it's much more a class balance issue than a gear issue.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast