Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No Class Balance at all

You have not seen anything about stam management because there is none. It's impossible for melee to run low on stamina, especially a shammy.

On the other hand it's extremely easy for casters to go oom without specificaly speccing for regen. In minis where I can't run Demonic Heart after 2 rotations I am oom, I have to use Archfiend and wait another 4 minutes or die to get back to 100. My ToS is much worse, and PoM your forced to stay Divinity unless you have the super gear to keep your mana up. Then you have troll speced DT's which are a dime a dozen.

At least on a melee some classes consistently white hit for over 1,000, so even if you were out of stam you can defend yourself. On a caster your oom you can't do anything but try to hide in a corner for 20 seconds while you try to get out of combat to rest.

I get melee dealt with this for a loooooong time and now the shoes on the other leg, but they can seriously do a little boosting to mana regen.

In regards to stagger, it was a mechainic to slow range down, however, given the sprint revamp and the changes to how many CC's and attacks that use to be single target that are now full small AoE, it's totaly uneeded. You should not be ChargeKB or Earthshattered to get staggered as well because it's an AoE attack that hit's your back even if your facing your oponent.

Stagger was a reward and equaliser for people trying to run and kite, now it's just a freebie for melee or rangers. Also, most melee and Rangers can sprint much longer than casters or ToS/PoM and regen it much faster. Rangers especially who maintain a constant 8% movement buff can always outrun any caster because they can run for longer. Saying a Barb or Sin can't catch a caster now is almost a joke.

I don't understand anyone who can't catch up to a caster. If you can't it's probably the team delaying you and helping them, which should happen. lol
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    You changed sprint system. A caster can kite a melee longer than before.
    Than you make t4 items op in pvp. Check minis and you will see op class rollers are playing with demo or pom mostly and doing great with their t4 items.

You carried servers to US and melees r having the hard times more than ranged classes. It is not easy to catch ranged classes and landing combo on them because of lag.

I recommend you to bring new pvp revamp as soon as possible. And please do not listen people on forums..mostly they cry because they fail at their class. you revamp the classes by listening them and a player who knows how to play is becoming op with revamped class.

another suggestion : why dont you give any protection on t4 items ? You guys working to make casters more op only ?
    ranger is still the real carry class, conq for melee and pom for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolo View Post
    Stagger was a reward and equaliser for people trying to run and kite, now it's just a freebie for melee or rangers. Also, most melee and Rangers can sprint much longer than casters or ToS/PoM and regen it much faster. Rangers especially who maintain a constant 8% movement buff can always outrun any caster because they can run for longer. Saying a Barb or Sin can't catch a caster now is almost a joke.
    Sprint and kiting is not the same mate,)

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    On the other hand it's extremely easy for casters to go oom without specificaly speccing for regen. In minis where I can't run Demonic Heart after 2 rotations I am oom, I have to use Archfiend and wait another 4 minutes or die to get back to 100. My ToS is much worse, and PoM your forced to stay Divinity unless you have the super gear to keep your mana up. Then you have troll speced DT's which are a dime a dozen.
    WAT xD

Just use pots mate xD If you are running constantly OOM on demo you are obviously doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbyvoj View Post
    Sprint and kiting is not the same mate,)
    watch the quote in your post mate i didnt write the text below it

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    WAT xD

Just use pots mate xD If you are running constantly OOM on demo you are obviously doing something wrong.
    Yeah, killing people is being bad on a demo. lol

Losing out on 130 natural mana regen because their's a PoM on the other team you WILL run out of mana if you don't die...what minis are you playing in?
    Last edited by Suctum; 27th May 2013 at 19:23.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    We are playing in a Eu server named Crom where most casters are in full T4 Gear and using t3 crafted on their both hands.. Dont worry, You will understand what we try to say after Eu & Us server merge
    So your saying I need to be in full t4 and have 2 sets of crafterd t3? lol, theres only maybe a handful of US players that have such a ridicolous amount of gear.

I'm using T2/T3 PvP gear...if you havent realised it doesnt keep your mana up the way T4 does.

And the only thing I understand your saying is that you pved to pvp...which has nothing to do with what I was saying.

Mana regen regardless of gear is still terrible when you consider the costs of spells against the regen as opposed to stam costs and their regen.

The fact you think you need full T4 to pvp only makes my original point so much more valid...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    WAT xD

In theory, you are right. With pots, food and taps, mana should be something we shouldn't have to think about right? Wrong. PVP 10 tos, played since launch, I know how to play and how to spec, mana is an issue. Poms have been complaining since the introduction of the energy bar as well. Its a problem and you cannot understand it unless you actually play the class on a regular basis. I run out all the time, hell, just fighting that yak for the anniversary event I ran out of mana three times. I couldn't even heal and had to manually regen or sit there like a rock. How many times do you think any melee ran out of stam? I bet none.

Granted, you quoted a demo above, but I am referring to the priests of pom and tos with the mana issues.

T4 weapons and accessories are clearly overpowered when compared to pvp ones or even kithai, this is a fact, T3 crafts as well to some extent.

t4 armor sets give too much dps for their survivability outside raiding environment, it's like having the best of brittle blade and wolf set combined with max armor, constitution, main stat and crit.

the worst combination are when casters ally t4 armor with t3 craft/pvp shield for the extra protection over pvp armor while keeping max armor mitigation, constitution and dps output, when rogue simply maximize dps output with T4 set and weapons and 3-shots casters while surviving with max constitution, armor and aa+feats+speed+range+hide or when soldiers use T2/t3 pvp set with more than enough survivability needed to max their dps output with t4 weapons or t3 craft and t4 accessories.

everyone know it but few are the pvp players left who care about a balanced pvp progression or at least a balanced pvp environment. they are tossed as whiners by the rest of the pve grinding and raiding community.

as for the for mana thing above, necro dots lasting 40 sec, spreading and denying out of combat regen or dt buff with sc running are the biggest issue, anything preventing out of combat regen will significatively impact mana pool of casters such as the inherently dot based vengeance pom or tos having storm crown running and casting the costy stormfield, it's a real tradeoff melee characters can completely ignore as nothing can impact their stamina significantly to run out of ressource.

so pvp vs pve gear again.

revise pvp t1 gear with critigation/tenacity etc, boost minor pieces/make em epic and make it obtainable at pvp level ZERO!

make pve gear and weapons for PVE ONLY. With doing this there would be no need to boost pvp weapons also. maybe add more class specific weps, i.e. sword with hp tap/magic damage for dt.

When gear's out of discussion, you can balance classes etc. easier for pvp.

---

also am I the only one who thinks pvp gear levels are ridiculous? I mean you can get pvp2 cloak at lv6 and pvp3 cloak at lv7 or pvp 2/3 weps at pvp lv8-10. All pvp2 accessories should be obtainable at pvp5 at the most, and pvp2 weps at lv6. And remove the damn tokens for gear, that way people can spend tokens on AA stuff or buff elixirs, speeding up prowess gain.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast