Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: make NG free?

Default make NG free?

how about unlocking northern grasslands for the free players?

they get to have a feel of how the aoc plays, khitai style

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    how about unlocking northern grasslands for the free players?

they get to have a feel of how the aoc plays, khitai style
    agreed, but only the zone, not the 6mans.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    agreed, but only the zone, not the 6mans.
    Exactly. Hardmodes should not be for free.

Not a bad idea, but what about factions? You can buy all Wolves' and Hyrkanian gear in NG, but not from other factions - it can give a false image about the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Not a bad idea, but what about factions? You can buy all Wolves' and Hyrkanian gear in NG, but not from other factions - it can give a false image about the content.
    you cant without rares that drop in dungeons and in only premium content. except if you buy turan and farm for ages deads man, isle and fort.

--- EDIT ---
    now that i think of it more, perhaps you are correct but isnt it easy for fc to make them able to buy only if prem?
    Last edited by jenyu; 23rd May 2013 at 11:28.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

You can get rares in Turan too. Problem as mentioned is the zone design and faction vendor placement. So either all khitai zones without the instances or nothing.
    Still i am sure they will have to do something sooner or later, because selling an expansion where 99% of the promised content is not playable, is weird and questionable at least. A different thing will be, if they keep it locked, but would sell access passes in the item shop, so a f2p with expansion could in theory visit every khitai content if they pay specifically for it (and have the expansion).
    Right now the benefit from having khitai as f2p is just the AA access and khitai chars.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd May 2013 at 11:35.

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    you cant without rares that drop in dungeons and in only premium content. except if you buy turan and farm for ages deads man, isle and fort.

--- EDIT ---
    now that i think of it more, perhaps you are correct but isnt it easy for fc to make them able to buy only if prem?
    If they would open NG, f2p players could just farm MoAs in NG and buy full faction sets (blue/purple), but only from Wolves/Hyrkanians (not optimal, but nice hp/armor and they cover all classes). They would also see slightly more appealing dungeon sets and the game should suggest where to get the needed tokens (point to dungeons, passes in itemshop etc.).

The problem is that they will not see other armor sets, which may be more appealing (and convince them to go premium/buy passes). Also Wolves'/Hyrkanian weapons and accessories are not for all classes, which is unfair.

This can confuse people who don't know about aoc.is-better-than.tv and tons of gear available from other factions.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 23rd May 2013 at 12:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    selling an expansion where 99% of the promised content is not playable,
    I don't understand what you are referring too? why unplayable?
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Misiuggah, so bad trolling for such forum veteran. You can't buy any khitai epic with 10G cap
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Misiuggah, so bad trolling for such forum veteran. You can't buy any khitai epic with 10G cap
    I'm not a f2p vet though

The cap is bad as much as the need to pay for items with gold and tokens...

Edited by Arishanya to remove impolite language. Please refer to the Social Guidelines before posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 23rd May 2013 at 18:57.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast