Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me pick my free 50

stop making alts, you'll regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    stop making alts, you'll regret it!

I can't! It's a sickness!

My free 50s were always toons I'd tried to level unsuccessfully, due to the class being godawful boring (Guard, ranger, Pom and barb)

Personally if the class is fun to level and play at 80 I'l level multiple (hence two hoxen, 2 dts, and WAY too many conks to mention)
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    This...
    I have had to "retro-level" some toons to learn how to play the class. Frankly, i have ended up deleting every free 50 toon i ever made. And btw... they were all rangers. There is a hint for you
    I actually deleted all of my free 50s as well. I never managed to keep one more than a few levels - something just felt off by starting that far in not knowing anything.

Demo was difficult for me to get into. I did not enjoy that class for a very long time. Probalby re-rolled it 3 or 4 times before I managed to get off Tortage.

To me BS is cumbersome. It feels extremely slow to me, and there is a lot of micromanagement. I see some people do amazingly well at the class, while most others I would say are on t he average side. It is a difficult class to play well imo.

Ranger - It was a much better class before the revamp. It's a bit clumsy/lazy now. The combo system isn't at all like any other class, and doesn't feel involved. I still love my ranger, but it's not for everyone.

Barb/Conq - level those from 1-80. They're too fun not to.

PoM/Guard - fun to play at 80...not as fun to level. I'd say good choices for a free 50.

Necro - I'm rolling my 3rd now...what's that tell ya! Not hard to level up from 1-80. I'd say a waste for a free 50.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

i think this whole learning ur class at 80 difficulty is over-rated, out of tortage iv lvled about 5 lvls on my sin, 15 on my barb, and got PLed most of my guard and for all i know i do just fine. considering theres lots of spec help and other tips on the forums i wouldnt worry about teh difficulty of learning a class if u skip teh first 50 lvls, just go with whichever is most boring

In my opinion leveling to 50 doesn't really learn you to play your class, I'm pretty sure it gives some drive to go on though.

Like said above, roll a guard for the levelingbit, leveling on a guard is awefully slow, especially if you are used to tos and dt..
    Apart from that, just consider what you like most, if you want to heal; pick bs, if you want to dps, go for something squishy which makes it hard to level it up (sin, hox). Imo barbs, conqs, demos and necros are quite easy to level up..

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    To me BS is cumbersome. It feels extremely slow to me, and there is a lot of micromanagement. I see some people do amazingly well at the class, while most others I would say are on t he average side. It is a difficult class to play well imo.

PoM/Guard - fun to play at 80...not as fun to level. I'd say good choices for a free 50.
    True bs has some micromanagement to do but it is not that scary as people wants to sound. After some adjusting its pretty easy. This is only from lvling and pvp point of view. Cant say nothing about raiding cause i dont do it.

Also pom and guard are pretty nice to lvl up. Cant see reason why would they not be fun, specially pom which is awesome for lvling.

But personally for me hox and dt were most fun class to lvl up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123