Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

People need to stop and think about what they are posting before they submit their reply. Keep your posts constructive and to the topic, lets not have this thread closed down like the last one was as people cannot avoid flaming and trolling each other.

Go get a drink/snack, walk away from the computer or read the Social Guidelines before rereading what you're about to post so you've had a chance to let everything register fully rather than posting something in frustration.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I have played from South Africa for 3 years since RotGS came out with about an average 200ms – 250ms latency, going up to 300ms in prime time. This game is not Battlefield and it is possible to work around these delays. A difference of latency has been considered in this MMORPG, hence the delays built into combos and casting times.

I haven't logged on yet, so I cannot report on how much latency has risen to return 13 000 km from US rather than the 9 000 km to EU.

The latency has had a significant effect on my build on the PvP server as I have had to boost my ability to tank to overcome the slight delays I have in reacting. This is also why I chose a tank as my main, but I wish to note that ranged seems to be okay with these latencies.

Further, you have to hit a bit ahead of where opponents are and at where they will be in PvP. This problem is less obvious in open-world PvP than in minis where the pace is faster and the effect more obvious.

Lag spikes are a larger problem than high latency. Spikes are fewer these days.

The latency problem may be overcome slightly by single-server tech, but that may be hopeful thinking. I think the lag spikes have been addressed with better servers / server management.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

my main is sin. I cant tank and i dont have the range to kinda aim before the target. Maybe some of those "ping isnt to bad for pvp" guys can give me some tips.

But well why should i even consider playing a competitive game in 2013 in a country whith high speed internet structure with a ping above 150? Even in the 90 they could to better. Why shall i pay for something outdated like this?

At the end of the day, whether you are happy with ur high pings or not,if you paying a monthly fee for playing online game, one wouldn't expect a latency higher than 100ms. Simple as that.

Devs need to give us response ASAP, and tell us what they are going to do about this latency issue. Work with us (the players) to save this master piece of a game before its too late!!!!!

Ive been playing off and on since launch and always had 90-170ms. 130 being the average. I never had an issue besides spikes when they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    everyone stating "everything is fine, we killed Yak no problemo, yay!" etc. should be watching this video in a 24/7 loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwCL4YcbTM
    camera distance... people just can not play fair.

BIG LOL.
    We will be Serious after death.

This will again turn into a PvE vs PvP thread. Obviously and like aggromagnet said, you don't need a low ping to PvE and don't care much about what the players you are with have. As long as the tank is decent and has below 500 ms it should be alright. Even though it might be a pain on boss where you need to interupt stuff.
    But PvP is about reflexe. You need to reacte to the other players actions, aim and move. Issues you don't have in PvE and where latency matters.

You can of course play with higher ping but the game experience in pvp will be damaged. It's already annoying enough, it's even more when you don't understand the reasons motivating the choice.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I think enough would be to tell us that Funcom might reconsider moving servers back. Such promise for eventual "reconsideration" doesn´t cost anything we will get bit calmer and everyone will be happy again
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    I think enough would be to tell us that Funcom might reconsider moving servers back. Such promise for eventual "reconsideration" doesn´t cost anything we will get bit calmer and everyone will be happy again
    I have a feeling they don't own the property the old servers were on anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    I have played from South Africa for 3 years since RotGS came out with about an average 200ms – 250ms latency, going up to 300ms in prime time. This game is not Battlefield and it is possible to work around these delays.

The latency has had a significant effect on my build on the PvP server as I have had to boost my ability to tank to overcome the slight delays I have in reacting. This is also why I chose a tank as my main, but I wish to note that ranged seems to be okay with these latencies.
    Ok, so you are basically saying this game have become a ranged or tank class game only? Wich is the magic key to overcome the latency?

What about sin, barbs, hox? Should funcom just delete them, so there is no confusion?
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast