Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

I have played hox today, tested the game after move. When playing hox you are a mage with instant cast and meele. I dont have any kind of problems after move. 120-160 ping no problem. And its really stable. Havent noticed any cancelling of combos and stuff.

This thing funcom is doing we be very very good, and the server will be crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlandaes View Post
    @Nusquamm (Joel) : speed of light is 300000 km/sec, so 100 ms more means you move the server 30 000 km away from previous position .... speed of light does not account for everything; sure there are things you can do to imporve, no ?
    NO NO NO!!! light signal in optic fibre is 30% slower then in vaccum and the internet is not just a network directly connected to your computer! you cant say the servers moved just 10.000 km so ping increased just for 33 seconds! thats not how it works! its NOT a point to point cable from your computer to the server. there are many hops between. Funcom can do what they want. pingt around 130 is the absolut best you can achiev from germany to the us. ping will increase if you move to the east or not living next to frankfurt, london or Paris (there are hops to atlantic cables as far as i know) in germany. so most europeans will have ping between 130 and 200 as BEST result.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 16th May 2013 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlandaes View Post
    C'mon guys...

@Nusquamm (Joel) : speed of light is 300000 km/sec, so 100 ms more means you move the server 30 000 km away from previous position .... speed of light does not account for everything; sure there are things you can do to imporve, no ?
    In addition to what the above poster said keep in mind that ping is a round way trip - so that'd mean only 15000km in your case. And then in fiber optic it travels 30% slower - so we get for example the distance between London and New York 5500km/200000 * 2 = 55ms. But the cable between those two cities actually sits at 65ms (traders are pushing for a 59ms cable atm, to break the magical 60ms mark).

So starting from there, if you don't live in London or Paris or Dublin you'll have tons of hops to go through and the latency will rise, rise, rise, rise. Maybe some German traders are allowed to benefit from a sub 100ms ping, but tbh I don't remember ever seeing any American player getting less than 100ms on German servers nor the other way around. Between France/UK/Ireland/Netherlands/Belgium and New York, yeah I've seen it. But for all other countries, nah, forget it.

Edited by Arishanya to remove inappropriate language. Please refer to the Social Guidelines before posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 17th May 2013 at 01:15.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I am glad we are going to get single server tech, i think it can boost open world pvp and minis a lot if implemented fully like in TSW. 100 more latency is *small* price to pay to get WAY larger playerbase then we have now. Besides Joel said they will fix lag spikes and reduce latency as much as possible so i think everyone should just relax and give them some time. ^^

Also Joel it would be awesome if we could get some new content, pvp or pve i don't care...i just want something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    Besides Joel said they will fix lag spikes and reduce latency as much as possible so i think everyone should just relax and give them some time. ^^
    Some time? SOME? Need answer now, not in June, July or later, even in 2014 etc
    We will be Serious after death.

I am glad we are going to get single server tech, i think it can boost open world pvp and minis a lot if implemented fully like in TSW. 100 more latency is *small* price to pay to get WAY larger playerbase then we have now. Besides Joel said they will fix lag spikes and reduce latency as much as possible so i think everyone should just relax and give them some time. ^^

Also Joel it would be awesome if we could get some new content, pvp or pve i don't care...i just want something new.
    Almost as good as new content: I'd like to think that a bigger population will add up to more of the existing but less-seen content being done. Many players have never seen all the lowbie and Khitai dungeons because only reason to do them is quests, and there are never enough people on at one time with the quests. But with a combined population and single-server, that could change.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

... Besides Joel said they will fix lag spikes and reduce latency as much as possible so i think everyone should just relax and give them some time...
    Relax? Time? No time when guilds dying!

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    They will be Crom and Fury after merges. Sorry You keep your ping, we want our names.
    Haha made my day, thank you

Got about 150 ms ping.. don't matter tbh.
    I was a member of one of the first Quake clans, you know, back in the 90's, when ISDN was the ****. The only server to play TeamVSTeam was in the USA (not much EU players early on). Had about 300 ms, did ok.

My point being, it's ok, as long as it does not exceed 300 ms.
    turn on tune in drop out

I've editted the title to fit all ping issues, as we're trying to keep all ping discussions central to one topic
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ