Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Default Latency & spikes

Funcom decided to relocate EU servers somewhere in the US to optimize their assets.
    Taht's all good till it does not affect my experience with the services I'm paying Funcom for.

Following the move, my latency increased from 80 ms to 120 ms, that's a 50% increase. Tbh I don't see any difference (I stopped PvP a long time).

Main issues are lag spikes. I did the Dead man, Iron Man & Refuge for my daily rares. Latency was fine -- 120 ms latency, very few lag spikes. quite good. No lag spike at all will make the experience perfect.

Then EU prime time, raid time with guild. Every 2 minutes, I have lag spikes the red 4820 ms, then back to normal, then again -- On all fights I have at least one red lag spikes. No point playing in raid (it that can be called playing).

Current usual latency is fine for my playstyle.
    But the lag spikes and overall network unstability is killing the whole gaming experience.

C'mon guys...

Server moved - that was a business decision. There will be no coming back. My latency went up from <100 ms to <200 ms (around 140 - 160 actually, or up 100 ms). Is the game not playable ? No....

But if you feel this is gamebreaking, only one action FC will understand : cancel sub.

@Nusquamm (Joel) : speed of light is 300000 km/sec, so 100 ms more means you move the server 30 000 km away from previous position .... speed of light does not account for everything; sure there are things you can do to imporve, no ?

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    No, this let people exploit PvP rules. You follow rules if you have chosen them. This is same like some people farm only bori to get PvP 10 then they join for PvP, but now they avoid also open world PvP while leveling.

If they do this, then PvP instances would be empty until people get their precious t4 weapon or bori gear.

bye bye gank/hunting

No deal!
    So, you basically say only unconsensual pvp is fun?
    By no means you even point out what would be different in a pvp flagged instance where people will enter to quest, gank, hunt, zerg for the sake of the thrill. What scares you so much? If people (from both server types!) are in the mood for pvp, they will chose the pvp version of the instance, if not, then not. The same people will avoid you or log off when attacked questing, so what is your loss from a ganker point of view? Do you really think a global "consent" is working??? Do you think it is fine for population, if AA pot boosted, group instance geared veterans are hunting newly signed players or block content?
    If so, maybe you deserve what you are getting

Btw, the problem of "avoiding pvp" you mentioned is easily solveable by simply following "pvp progress through pvp". Pre-80 your argument is invalid per definition (because the "pros" already avoid pvp till full sanctum gear etc.). Also you can simply give more rewards in pve, if you grind and quest in the pvp instances (to mirror the additional risk). This bonus also can be linked to the players in the instance that are possible enemies to avoid abuse.

This is not even a question of ganking/hunting/duelling/pvping, it is a question of consent. The behaviour that might be hurt by the suggested systems is violating the code of conduct anyway, so about WHAT are you complaining (already proved, that ganking/hunting/defending/questing etc. will still be possible in pvp instances as well as a flagging mood system (though the hunting of questers will be more difficult there))?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th May 2013 at 20:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam5not8 View Post
    But the lag spikes and overall network unstability is killing the whole gaming experience.
    Joel is aware of how lag spikes affect the playability of the game, and has already said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    An addendum - lag spikes are not latency. We are actively working on removing the lag spikes from the game.
    So I do expect everyone should see the lag spikes go away. I'm pretty sure this has been a focus for him regarding the server move.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Joel is aware of how lag spikes affect the playability of the game, and has already said this:

An addendum - lag spikes are not latency. We are actively working on removing the lag spikes from the game.

So I do expect everyone should see the lag spikes go away. I'm pretty sure this has been a focus for him regarding the server move.
    Good to read that.
    I'm sure Joel will give us updates on this issue, as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    ofc but next biggest event would be siege and that was crap anyway I was pointing out that 24 ppl fighting and there wheren't any lagspikes that where there before in any raid. I don't understand why you are so obsessed with raids just think of it as 24 ppl fighting.
    Id rather have a couple of lag spikes then this stupid crap having consistent lag...

I personaly think this was the last hopefull move for FC to turn things around, but if they dont get there **** together soon (and I mean very soon) many ppl are gonna just leave. Its ok (actualy not but u know what I mean) to play a game that lacks content balance etc. But its totaly not okay to play a game that simply lags at any aspect of it.

Im very sad to see what this company managed to do with this awsome game and the fact they never managed to get out its full potential.
    Well its a shame but I guess the days of AOC (at least the healthy ones) are counted.
    Last edited by Heroen; 16th May 2013 at 20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post

It's not only lag spikes.
    For example, just now I needed to get out from raid, cos I had Latency constant from 4000 - 5000 ms.

On Crom server with my assassin, I went to thoth amon upper floor, I made it to second boss, but already on second boss the game got unplayable with the big amount of latency..

Basically when I don't move my latency is 600-800, and as soon as I start any of my combos Latency gets up to 5000 ms!!

I didn't experience this until today tbh. But I tried all the basic's, like reconnecting, relogging...

I really hope this all gets worked out. I'm looking forward to Tyranny having a decent population, again, and new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by finnius1 View Post
    I really hope this all gets worked out. I'm looking forward to Tyranny having a decent population, again, and new faces.
    Thats true, but they need to fix this asap. People pay for this game...
    And its not fair for EU players to have the game lagged. Most of us are fans of this game, playing for long time...

I hope, if there is no solution for this, that FC will move back the servers to old location.

Quote Originally Posted by finnius1 View Post
    They will be Crom and Fury after merges. Sorry You keep your ping, we want our names.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami