Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Quote Originally Posted by Vorbiz View Post
    I think that could be a trick of the mind. A difference of 30ms in an MMO won't actually give any visual delay.
    You are wrong.

lets think. 2 players from denmark and sweden with both 160~ms and since the game is coded abit weird and actions are made in players computer. they are having a duel in kesh
    sweden -> US server 160ms -> denmark 160ms -> 320ms in reality
    denmark -> US server 160ms -> sweden 160ms -> 320ms in reality
    but i think its even more than just that
    before
    sweden -> EU server 50ms -> denmark 50ms -> 100ms in reality
    denmark -> EU server 50ms -> sweden 50ms -> 100ms in reality
    so that sounds legit
    Spunqe's SuperStream!

Quote Originally Posted by Rydon View Post
    You are wrong.
    No, his not. I had the same ping increase. 70-80 increase.
    I still manage to hold my constant dps just like before move.
    Means there are no lag or delay on combos/spell. People goes mental cuz of a ping increase..

Quote Originally Posted by eliteknut View Post
    No, his not. I had the same ping increase. 70-80 increase.
    I still manage to hold my constant dps just like before move.
    Means there are no lag or delay on combos/spell. People goes mental cuz of a ping increase..
    Which class do you play with?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorbiz View Post
    I think that could be a trick of the mind. A difference of 30ms in an MMO won't actually give any visual delay.
    Pleas stop suger coating and bending the truth.

First off there isn't a 30MS change it's minimum 50, pr player.

Quote Originally Posted by spunq View Post
    lets think. 2 players from denmark and sweden with both 160~ms and since the game is coded abit weird and actions are made in players computer. they are having a duel in kesh
    sweden -> US server 160ms -> denmark 160ms -> 320ms in reality
    denmark -> US server 160ms -> sweden 160ms -> 320ms in reality
    but i think its even more than just that
    before
    sweden -> EU server 50ms -> denmark 50ms -> 100ms in reality
    denmark -> EU server 50ms -> sweden 50ms -> 100ms in reality
    so that sounds legit
    THIS !!!!

Even though your own latency maybe is only up 50ms, the combined latency in pvp is much higher when playing vs players not in the US north east coast.
    Last edited by Sacerdo; 19th May 2013 at 11:26.
    "State your frustrations, just do so in a civilized manner." - Arishanya Head Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Which class do you play with?
    Hox. Tested dps today on strawman.
    1506 dps. Just like before but now with 140-161 ms

Hox. Tested dps today on strawman.
    1506 dps. Just like before but now with 140-161 ms
    Strawmen and PvE mobs don't move like other players do in PvP, the comments and issues regarding the latency increase affecting game play revolve largely around PvP, you will still achieve the same result on a strawman whether your ping is 50 to 350 as the target doesn't move.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Strawmen and PvE mobs don't move like other players do in PvP, the comments and issues regarding the latency increase affecting game play revolve largely around PvP.
    Yes thats true, but people have been talking about that they experience cancelling of combos. I have not noticed anything like that.

Game is just as brilliant as before, btw im a PVE'er.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Strawmen and PvE mobs don't move like other players do in PvP, the comments and issues regarding the latency increase affecting game play revolve largely around PvP, you will still achieve the same result on a strawman whether your ping is 50 to 350 as the target doesn't move.
    That just isn't true.

Instant casts don't gel well together with high latency. With my carnage conq I can push out stupid damage almost regardless of lag because everything is just queued so a half second jitter is no big issue.

With insta-casts you can't queue beyond the insta cast (you can queue the insta cast but have to wait for it to be done) because you will just overwrite it instead.

Speaking from someone with 300-350 latency, it's very, very obvious, and there is a noticeable stutter during any instant casts.

Yes thats true, but people have been talking about that they experience cancelling of combos. I have not noticed anything like that.

Game is just as brilliant as before, btw im a PVE'er.
    *facepalm*

yeah this thread is 90% of pvp and yet, another pveler tells us everything is just fine. it really is time to stop playing this game...