Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post

This is the reason they were moved. Plain and simple.

Funcom did testing (as they always do before any game change) and determined that the latency change would not ruin the playability of the game by moving all servers to the US - something required to do in order to advance to single server tech.
    I laughed so hard at this part. "Did testing" .The testing was bad. And didn't they take to account that not everyone have super internet speed?

You tested it right... A js mini with folks from Moscow and Helsinki tied against people from New York and London? And let's say all these guys had fiber optic and were skilled players too, playing melee charactera. yeah I'm sure you did that

You have a small crew, and not many offices. Testing should have been done with players not with 2 guys, one in Oslo one in New York. Remember when Americans played on fury vs euros? They got stomped, and you can't just blame skill.
    Last edited by kalston; 16th May 2013 at 09:36.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

70% of aoc pop is eu and they move server to us, another gem from Funcom.

Did testing!? I believe I read something like "it works in TSW so it should work in AoC". People warned about this long before them move, as soon as it was known you where considering it, people started saying it would cause problems.

But tell the truth, there was never any option. No matter what feedback was provided this was gonna happen.
    "State your frustrations, just do so in a civilized manner." - Arishanya Head Moderator

Nice testing funcom, just did JS mini with pvp 10 conq and it was hard to hit sometimes even still target, never had this many miss combos in all 5 years of playing.
    230 ms today in that js is not really what i would called passed the test.

I'll answer the title of this thread...somewhat.

EU has higher latency than before for one reason. Had you read the monthly Game Director Letter, you would already know this, but since it's still such an issue, I'll quote the letter.

Funcom did testing (as they always do before any game change) and determined that the latency change would not ruin the playability of the game by moving all servers to the US - something required to do in order to advance to single server tech.

Now whether or not you think the latency you are experiencing is unacceptable or not is something only you as an individual player can answer. People all over the world play this game, and whether we live in the US or abroad, latency varies for everyone.
    Hahaha, funny thing! You think many hundred of players that says the game doesn´t work good anymore will lie? I don´t think so! FC not tested this before moving! So stop saying that everythings ok and do something against this big problem!

I'll answer the title of this thread...somewhat.

EU has higher latency than before for one reason. Had you read the monthly Game Director Letter, you would already know this, but since it's still such an issue, I'll quote the letter.

Now whether or not you think the latency you are experiencing is unacceptable or not is something only you as an individual player can answer. People all over the world play this game, and whether we live in the US or abroad, latency varies for everyone.
    yo peeps...this is a forum MOD (people who lock posts and hand out forum reprimands) and not a funcom DEV. so go easy using this mod reply in your search for the truth\\ from funcom DEV.

@Pumpkins

I don't believe mods work for "funcom"? Aren't they volunteers right, or atleast some of them?
    Last edited by darknessjw; 16th May 2013 at 13:04.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    + only Demo who can have negative KD
    negative kd isnt possible, a sub 1 kd (eg 0,80) is still positive!

Edited by Arishanya to remove impolite language. Please remember impolite language is against the Social Guidelines
    Last edited by Arishanya; 17th May 2013 at 20:41.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by Casie4President View Post
    Hahaha, funny thing! You think many hundred of players that says the game doesn´t work good anymore will lie? I don´t think so! FC not tested this before moving! So stop saying that everythings ok and do something against this big problem!
    There is nothing they can do really, those who live far away from the atlantic fiber optic lines will always have high latency.

If you live in England, Netherlands or Germany, then there is zero reason for why you don't have atleast 100 mS latency. When I use VPN services here from Norway which is far away from any direct line I get 110 mS latency.

So players in these 3 european countries should easily be able to get 100 or less. Check with your Isp, or consider switching Isp, or sign up to a VPN.

Astrill.com is a VPN that offers 7 days free trial.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast