Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Regardless of how playable some of you think it is, sins, dts, barbs have bit hit really hard by the server move and the game is now generally slower. Pvp on Fury will never be the same as before. And this has nothing to do with spikes but everything to do with higher base latency.

For example with a 50-60ms increase my guard (main) plays the same as before, except I can now easily avoid getting hit by barbs/sins/dts, (like really easily) but my BS feels pretty bad (I am used to casting spells between combo steps etc and the latency makes me miss countless casts and combos) and my barb simply feels horrible with 1h combos against moving targets.
    Also, you can't double fast kbs anymore. Sure, you can predict some of them but you'll find yourself on the floor a lot.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Been away from the game 5-6 weks,
    Was looking forward to gaming again.
    Logged on 1 of my 12 toons, only to
    Notice å huge differanse in how the game respons.
    Always had ping between 50-60 .
    Now i have 210 +.
    I started playing 17/5-2008 and have payd since ,
    Still have 3 monts left of my sub.
    Didnt even Logged my other charr to time train my AA.

What i really wanna do is to say
    THANK YOU FC
    for treating my addicsjon
    finaly i can get out in the real world
    and put this behind me.

Norway out

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    my BS feels pretty bad (I am used to casting spells between combo steps etc and the latency makes me miss countless casts and combos).
    That's just so true, I was afraid that I'm only one feeling like that. I'm playing, it is not that bad, but I gotta say my performance (as a player) is way lower than it used to be.

oh boy if u seen me in the first mini i played after server move missing 60% of the combos and i dont usualy miss ^^
    Spunqe's SuperStream!

Quote Originally Posted by arcnor View Post
    Been away from the game 5-6 weks,
    Was looking forward to gaming again.
    Logged on 1 of my 12 toons, only to
    Notice å huge differanse in how the game respons.
    Always had ping between 50-60 .
    Now i have 210 +.
    I started playing 17/5-2008 and have payd since ,
    Still have 3 monts left of my sub.
    Didnt even Logged my other charr to time train my AA.

What i really wanna do is to say
    THANK YOU FC
    for treating my addicsjon
    finaly i can get out in the real world
    and put this behind me.

Norway out
    Hey! The latency has been through the roof this weekend due to the event. Normal latency from Norway is around 120-140ms, which is all right as long as you dont get spikes.

still no response from fcom is this a permanent situation or are you going to fix latency by providing a quality European port direct to the USA server

the USA server is much improved for lag spikes and crashes but I suspect the European server has been neglected and run down over last 6 mouths as the move was coming

the current latency of 170 - 300 for me from 40 - 60 effects pve dps on a carnage cong i am down 300dps on the zodiac if this is a permanent situation mele classes sin barb conq etc will all need there dps reviewing.

for other games this high latency might not be a problem or for casters but with mele combos the speed u can do them is directly linked to the dps

Quote Originally Posted by Schukara View Post
    still no response from fcom is this a permanent situation or are you going to fix latency by providing a quality European port direct to the USA server
    game director himself discussed the subject, definately perm for some time

btw, i think they are already using a quality port when i look at the admittedly decent latency figures some euro players are getting

Well I am glad that they're working on this. I just came back to the game and I love it but technically it's frustrating. Had a few instances of a huge lag spike out of nowhere and disconnected me from the game. I remember this being a problem when I left the game off.

Also despite my extremely fast and current gaming PC , I can't seem to get this game running at a consistently high frame rate on even the lowest settings. There's a memory leak or something that throttles my performance no matter what I try. I'm guessing that it's trying to render environmental effects despite the settings that I have set.

I think the game is in good hands and I like what is coming our way from the developers' blog, but that last point about quality of life improvements to me is what's going to determine if I stick around or not. There's some bad code that needs to be fixed and some other bugs/annoyances that i've reported in the past that are still there. One in particular that has annoyed me forever is the static usable objects like doors and stairs a lot of times have dev names attached to them - I would go through the game and fix these myself for no charge if you can't afford to do it, to me it just tarnishes a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlemancan View Post
    Also despite my extremely fast and current gaming PC , I can't seem to get this game running at a consistently high frame rate on even the lowest settings. There's a memory leak or something that throttles my performance no matter what I try. I'm guessing that it's trying to render environmental effects despite the settings that I have set.
    The game needs some more optimizations in that department...I kept a close eye on the the CPU performance when those heavy spikes occur and the performance takes a significant hit (specially during raids), only to find a SINGLE CORE (out of a quad core cpu) to be at 10-15% and the rest all sitting there idle, about 2.8gigs out of 4 being used, and ~60% of the GPU, and yet I could barely move my character, much less combo, with less than 10 fps at times.

Quote Originally Posted by wesker105 View Post
    The game needs some more optimizations in that department...I kept a close eye on the the CPU performance when those heavy spikes occur and the performance takes a significant hit (specially during raids), only to find a SINGLE CORE (out of a quad core cpu) to be at 10-15% and the rest all sitting there idle, about 2.8gigs out of 4 being used, and ~60% of the GPU, and yet I could barely move my character, much less combo, with less than 10 fps at times.
    yeah, same here. My performance rates were about on par with yours. I figured that based on the way the game was playing that something was being hit too hard