Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rift Going F2P

Default Rift Going F2P

So what do you all think about Rift announcing it will go completely free this june (source below)? The f2p pool is getting larger with more premium titles. I hope AoC will begin to adapt.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/news/arti...ee_to_play.php

Wow... actually I didn't though they'll go f2p, Rift is really sweet and polished game and with f2p i suppose it'll be very lively.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    Wow... actually I didn't though they'll go f2p, Rift is really sweet and polished game and with f2p i suppose it'll be very lively.
    Yeah, they aren't going f2p because of a flop. They are going f2p for the larger audience and larger amounts of cash.

Their optional "Patron" subscription is weird. Not worth it IMO...hopefully they will change it.

Another game I don't care about

Is that the one with bouncing boobs elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Another game I don't care about

Is that the one with bouncing boobs elves?
    Yes, that's the one with multiserver minigames, multiserver group finder, multiple souls, world events, working crafting, housing aka dimensions, loads of content and few other interesting things ;-)

Ohh.. and you can play Eth which is pretty much human, if you don't like elves boobs :-)

Seems all of this will go soon f2p, which surely makes me happy a lot :-D
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Sadly AoC's f2p is more like an extended trial while others go for real f2p

Yes, that's the one with multiserver minigames, multiserver group finder, multiple souls, world events, working crafting, housing aka dimensions, loads of content and few other interesting things ;-)

Ohh.. and you can play Eth which is pretty much human, if you don't like elves boobs :-)

And yet Rift always aimed to Out-WoW WoW itself, and managed to do a pretty decent job at it at that.

Then again, I only played through the last stages of the Beta, and then ditched the game completely about 6 months after launch when I saw that it doesn't have anything all that unique about it apart from the world-events (which I will admit are freakin' awesome) and the ability to customize your class to be what YOU want it to be at any given time.

Oh, and at the time, it had one of THE worst communities, RP or not, of near any game I've come across. The only one that's worse is probably the RP-community on EQ2's Antonia Bayle-server....

Edited by Arishanya to remove profanity. Please remember profanity (even disguised with *s and 1s) is against the Social Guidelines
    Last edited by Arishanya; 17th May 2013 at 20:39.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    And yet Rift always aimed to Out-WoW WoW itself, and managed to do a pretty decent job at it at that.
    It was a good attempt but as futile as all before it. It also resulted in the most boring, most calculatedly trite fantasy setting since Dragon Age in their quest to become the standard by which generic fantasy cliches are measured.

Plus that whatever billion million possible specs thing is just ****ing dumb. No one could ever hope to balance that and I'd bet my house that there's now like 2 or 3 cookie cutter specs for each trinity role and everything else is (percieved to be) for losers. Because general population is full of idiots who'll do whatever they're told will work instead of putting together a cool character after studying that eleventybillion skills in a complicated system like that (just ask Secret Worlders).

you did not answer the "bouncing" thingy...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast