Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Latency for the moved EU server - post your ping

Having "solid" 120-156 pings with some nice spikes on an empty server this morning
    Retired

Well all I can say is that my demo will be getting the most playtime now Melee is now unplayable. I live in Sweden and had a solid ping of 35 before the move, now I have around 170-200. I also get 700 ms every minute, big lagspikes

100-150 before

150 - 400 after

300 fast running in Tarantia

Poland

While the move may have increased ping for people, I think the second part of the consolidation is to move across to newer / more powerful server hardware, which should, hopefully, reduce the instances of 'lag-spikes' that people are seeing due to server load.

Well, here's hoping anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    While the move may have increased ping for people, I think the second part of the consolidation is to move across to newer / more powerful server hardware, which should, hopefully, reduce the instances of 'lag-spikes' that people are seeing due to server load.

Yes, but its still long distance. Maybe lag spikes are less often in future, but you cannot do nothing with that high ping. Well, unless you move to US and A

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Yes, but its still long distance. Maybe lag spikes are less often in future, but you cannot do nothing with that high ping. Well, unless you move to US and A
    I live in Australia man, and I have *always* had to deal with 250ms or higher (usually 300-350ms). Sure, it isn't ideal, and I wish it was lower, but you learn to adapt I guess.

I understand people are annoyed, and they don't like change ... but I am willing to wait and see the end result (and yes, I guess this is because it doesn't affect me as adversely as it seems to be for the EU folk, because I have always played on the US server farm).

But I still question the people saying the game is totally unplayable with a lag increase. Especially since I have been playing AoC since day 1 with lag more than what people are complaining about, and I don't feel that it has affected my game experience *that* much.

I'm not exactly an avid PvPer, so that may explain it somewhat, but there are plenty of PvE encounters with timers and so on for boss abilities and interrupts, and those are still easily doable.

Huum I don't know, my understanding was that we already are on the new hardware. But if you are right, cool. Though it won't change our base latency and it won't stop making pvp a lot slower and a lot less fun for the serious Eu pvpers.

And the thing is if you've never played with a low latency you can't really understand. But we euros have gotten used to it, we are used to play pvp in a certain way - constant movement and close timing of abilities etc. Even with just 150 ms you can't play like we used to, it's much slower and you can't chain your actions and movements in the same way. It makes the game even more boring and noob friendly (ever tried comboskipping with a high ping back in the days? that's a good example of what I mean).

For me and many others there is no point in playing AoC like this, we play because of the combat system (that requires speed, accuracy, quick thinking etc)and the combat system does not work properly at high pings, it's a different game. Sure you can enjoy it all you want, but don't flame us because we don't. I don't want to pvp with people standing still (because that's basically all you can do with a high ping, you can't run around with a speedbuff landing 1h combos on a moving target etc).

Do I need to point you at videos of hardcore pvpers from Fury to understand? Heck I even have recorded a HV of myself on Fury and could record myself again with this new ping and then upload both so you can compare.

tl;dr FC is ruining European pvp, release unchained minis all you want and merge us with US while you're at it but this is not the game we're used to nor the one we want to play. The skill factor in pvp is yet again diminishing in AoC.
    Last edited by kalston; 14th May 2013 at 07:56.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    That is so bad, assassins and DTs and their single hand range must love this
    Pretty much, someone in an earlier post posted a video of them trying to land combos with a 2 handed weapon after the patch on a moving target. Didn't seem to go very well, and so with the 1 handed weapons having a smaller hit box, I doubt the classes will be playable against solid players.

... Sure, it isn't ideal, and I wish it was lower, but you learn to adapt I guess.

But I still question the people saying the game is totally unplayable with a lag increase. Especially since I have been playing AoC since day 1 with lag more than what people are complaining about, and I don't feel that it has affected my game experience *that* much.

I'm not exactly an avid PvPer, so that may explain it somewhat, but there are plenty of PvE encounters with timers and so on for boss abilities and interrupts, and those are still easily doable.
    Sure but we are not talking about PvE at all. We complain about PvP and I do not know single decent PvPer from some distant location...

Anyway Czech Republic with fiber conection and I got about 200 ms
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast