Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Latency for the moved EU server - post your ping

My ping is always around 110-130, but im in west US. So the distance is larger. Not quite euro distance, but across the US distance.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Hi guys and girls.

Let's keep this thread to talking about the changes in ping and peoples opinions that it's still playable or is now unplayable without the flaming and trolling of each other.

As always please refer to Social Guidelines before posting.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I watched my ping for 5 min and the lowest was 128ms and the highest was 146. I used to have 70-ish before the move. I'm from Bergen, Norway.

Gone from 55-70mS to 130-145mS. Spikes are still there also.

St.Petersburg,Russia had 25 now 150 +uber choke +spikes... ciao funcom.

Between 115 and 160 on a more or less empty server this morning (Khemi, OT, Shaulun, Hyrkanian Camp)
    Was 50 - 80 before.

Playing from Frankfurt area, Germany.

Lowest is 115 but in busy areas it's much more, 130-150 average maybe, and plenty of fluctuation and yellow spikes (the occasional red spikes remain as on the Eu servers...). Basically server tech hasn't improved and the ping is much higher than on TL, as I feared. I can't imagine how much I'll get in Khesh when there are zergs going... Played a HV and it felt horrible too (I wasn't keeping my cursor on the latency display), people teleporting about and moving awkwardly. Bleh.

Playing from France (not Paris and not a very fast connection, I can get 80-90 ping from my mates place with fiber optic but no such luxury where I live).

One thing to say: FC you wanna your keep servers in the US? Improve the tech, A LOT. Fury's gonna lose more than a couple of people otherwise.

I even notice a delay in the chat compared to Eu servers lol
    Last edited by kalston; 14th May 2013 at 06:38.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

It is a disaster. The game was struggling with population as it was, and now, 90% of the people playing the game gets their latency doubled or even tripled, in addition to all the Funcom features that includes red bars, instance crashes, community server bug, and the occational lag spikes. I have fiberoptics connection, so has not got anything to do with that.¨

Ping from CMD to dm10-nj4.ageofconan.com is 115mS
    Ping from CMD to dm01-sto.ageofconan.com is 30mS

For PvE this is "eatable" yet for speedrunning, and precise skilled PvE **** no, this is a disaster!

For PvP this is also a complete diaster, as showed in the youtube video earlier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwCL4YcbTM This is 90% pointless, 10% ridiclous. It's just really shamefull.

If your goal is to kill pvp for the european community you've done it great, mby just skip the whole pvp patch that is incoming? cuz theres only a few players that will be able to enjoy it... (American pvpers, 100 guys? 200-300? i dunno)

This is just tragic, it's just all that i can say. I hope Funcom can deal with this, else i see new games coming soon that might be intressed in extra subs. (Elder scrolls etc)

hm, back to my caster for PvP then, I guess.. also I´m kinda curious about todays prime time pings (raid time after raid instance reset)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollastar View Post
    TBH mate, no matter how good the tech is, ironing out the bugs, you cant change the laws of physics. Ping will be whatever it is the distance from server. Plus if you PVP with 250 it will be hopeless.
    right

Quote Originally Posted by EnReX View Post
    For PvP this is also a complete diaster, as showed in the youtube video earlier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwCL4YcbTM This is 90% pointless, 10% ridiclous. It's just really shamefull.
    oh well, what to say.. can´t wait for the sieges to come.. also I was about to go after the promo sub offer, but gonna wait till the end of the month, I guess
    Last edited by Argantes; 14th May 2013 at 07:18.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast