Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Latency for the moved EU server - post your ping

Anyone know the server address so that I can check the ping time?

(No, latency is not the same as ping time).

its not gettin better
    130-140 atm
    60-70 before transfer
    minigames are more luckbased now its not workin for me
    remember the good old days 30-40 ping to netherlands

just wondering why you moved server furthest away from biggest playerbase! makes no sense

I just noticed something fishy. I play with view distance and everything else all maxed out. suddenly NPC and players vanish just few meters behind me. cant even go from one end to the other in khemi port without seeing npcs vanishing and poping up.

PS: Funcom for sure changed something with the engine. everything vanishes way before server move. View distance for NPCs and Players seems just about 50-60m now. Do we get an official statement about this issue? beside the ping issue this is just ridiculous cutting down view distance for ppl without saying a singel word...

Edited by Arishanya to remove improper language. Remember to follow the Social Guidelines when posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 14th May 2013 at 15:44.

Tried a few minis, combat is no longer fun and fluid, specially in JS...

went from 90 avg to 180 average, reaching 220-230 in JS..

If this situation is to persist i will probably stop playing since i only do minis (paying Vet here btw, helping aoc get some cash.

God knows what they had in mind when they implemented this...

Biggest facepalm ever

I've been playing on Set for years from Serbia with average 150-160 ms latency and game is perfectly playable.
    Also some of the best players I know on Set are Australians and they have much higher latency.

Surprised they haven't locked this thread yet just like the 20 other ones in General Discussion.

A long time ago, they have stated countless times that moving/merging US/EU wasn't feasible and would have a bad impact, but everyone kept begging Funcom to merge servers anyway, so this is just the first step. Wait till its all merged and watch the ping go even higher. You all are stuck now.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

The very situation is an abuse.

I fail at understanding the reasoning behind it.

Just a bunch of ppl ask for a eu/us Merge. A merge between mitra and crom, both eu servers, was begged a lot. nothing else.

and yes, did some test, funcom cut down the view distance for npcs and chars to around 80 meter. Name, guild and level even vanishes around 50 meters. this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Surprised they haven't locked this thread yet just like the 20 other ones in General Discussion.

A long time ago, they have stated countless times that moving/merging US/EU wasn't feasible and would have a bad impact, but everyone kept begging Funcom to merge servers anyway, so this is just the first step. Wait till its all merged and watch the ping go even higher. You all are stuck now.
    Threads get merged and moved if they end up being the same thing. In this particular case i would ask people to stay on topic.

If however it ends up being a flame war because people on either side of the "ping fence" isn't minding their language, the thread will be closed.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

ping befor server change 60 - 90 and now 160 - 350 !

unplayable with meele class

Edited by Arishanya to remove comments against the Social Guidelines.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 14th May 2013 at 16:02.