Thread: Game Sub vs. Brand sub

Lightbulb Game Sub vs. Brand sub

This is just my idea, let me know what you think...
    Many companies now, i.e. Ea/Bioware, Trion, Funcom ect all have more than one online subscription based games. I think being able to pay a brand subscription that is a higher rate than a single sub, but less than having to sub to all games, would be a great idea.
    I like Conan, I want TSW, but i really cant justify paying for both at one time. A branded sub could be the cure for this.
    The average sub is what $15 a month? Two would be about $30? so I say an Funcon brand sub could be about $20.
    Good idea or not? What do you think?

Haven't you heard TSW is b2p now? No need to pay for it anymore if you don't feel its worth You can keep aoc sub, and buy now and then FC points when there is promo offer to spend in tsw and you'll get your 20$/month. Oh, without item of the month and time accelerator in TSW, but who needs that crap.

So, no I don't think brand sub gonna happen soon. 3rd month of waiting for annouced sweets for AoC subbers starts tomorrow, and there was no other word than Joel's "We are working to sweeten it ASAP." from 8th March.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Haven't you heard TSW is b2p now? No need to pay for it anymore if you don't feel its worth You can keep aoc sub, and buy now and then FC points when there is promo offer to spend in tsw and you'll get your 20$/month. Oh, without item of the month and time accelerator in TSW, but who needs that crap.

So, no I don't think brand sub gonna happen soon. 3rd month of waiting for annouced sweets for AoC subbers starts tomorrow, and there was no other word than Joel's "We are working to sweeten it ASAP." from 8th March.
    But TSW has a paid premium sub and AO too. Suggestion still applies.

And was suggested many times since TSW launch, but hey - it's Funcom. They don't need our money, especially when we're willing to pay.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Talking Game Sub vs. Brand sub

This can apply to not only funcom, but any brand that runs multiple sub-based games, EA, Trion, etc. Btw, this idea came in a sleep deprived delirium...so yeah...I like the thought tho \m/

Funcom

This comes up all the time.

AoC = Eidos/Square Published
    TSW = EA Partners Published
    AO = Funcom Published

It's not as simple to sort out how it will work as people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    This comes up all the time.

AoC = Eidos/Square Published
    TSW = EA Partners Published
    AO = Funcom Published

It's not as simple to sort out how it will work as people think.
    So does that mean those publishers still get a cut?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a publisher actually doing?

Printing boxes, sending them to customers, but in the times of internet payment&download via Steam etc?

I mean, besides, in TSW, sticking smiley stickers on those two unspeakable female body parts which are absolutely intolerable to show to a mass-killing audience age 16+ ....
    Last edited by Marlekin; 14th May 2013 at 17:21.

It's all about the contract man. If the contract doesn't allow it, it just doesn't allow it. Only thing Funcom can do is walk up to the publisher and ask, and either receive a yes or no response.