Thread: Old Player Questions regarding Premium

Default Old Player Questions regarding Premium

Hi all,

Im interested in giving AoC another chance. I only have 1 LvL 80 Necro i think have to check after the client finishes DL.

Anyways i want to start fresh from the beginning to get a feel of the game again.

I want to join the PvP server but i see alot of people talking about cheaters and hackers so not sure.

Anyways my main question should i get premium at start or wait until i get to lvl 80 or close?

I will most definitely by the expansion too.

Any good guilds(EU) out there that are active and dont mind showing me the ropes since im rusty. Voice comms is a big + ofc.

Thanks

If I were you I would go premium from day one since it gives you some neat stuff like low lvl weapons, gear, potions and such in your claims inventory. (look for one of the packs offered)

About pvp I dont know since I`m on Crom Pve but I can tell you that if there is any trouble, whining or harrasing its coming from the pvp community. :-P

Go check out the guild hall topic if your looking for a suitable guild, we all post there.. ;-)

GL

Cool thanks for the reply

just got premium.

One more question does the PvE server have PvP? instances ofc and sieges?

seems like the PvE has far more activity.

There are the usual mini game brackets as in the past, then the border kingdoms (aquilonian and stygian ones are just bug empty playfields with pvp enabled copied and pasted from the resource zones, while the cimmerian one has been turned into a Shrines of Bori playfield).
    I don't know much about sieges though.
    In mini games at 80 you now can fight for tokens by quests.
    Nowadays as player you will not be able to distinguish between unbalanced or bugged game mechanics, weird things happening through lags or outright hacks...and many don't even need that because of a huge power gap at lvl80.
    PvPwise open world pvp is rather empty except some duel spots in tesso, eiglo hunter camp and kheshatta and the usual gankertroll waiting for questers and raiders. Khitai pvp is a bit different, rangers will make it a "game" to oneshot you even when near a guard, just for the "fun". Don't count on guards to protect you btw, the mechanics are in favour of certain classes and they are easily exploited by the "pros".
    On Fury you will find mini games in all brackets except 60-79. Crom only lvl80 minis (with some exceptions if there is a rush).