Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Player Co-op Leveling

Default 2 Player Co-op Leveling

Looking for some advice on what would be a good combination of classes for 2 new players leveling together.

I suspect we will both want to play melee classes as I have heard good things about the melee system. Are there any which work particularly well together, or any that don't?

We are only interested in doing PvE content, so any weakness in PvP doesn't bother us. Picking classes that are more wanted for dungeons would be an obvious advantage too.

there are so many options to choose from

you can have what ever melee you want from healer(BS), mage (HoX) rogue(Sin,Barb) to tanks (DT,Guard, Conq)

perhaps the most solid would be BS/Guard but you should pick 2 classes you think that you'll enjoy and go for it. You'll be fine. If you want to go pvp then Bs/Hox in lower lvls will be great but again no need to set boundaries all classes will let you have fun!

the only think i would suggest is take classes from different archetypes. Not take 2 tanks or 2 rogues, that way you'll have more fun at least imo
    Last edited by jenyu; 30th April 2013 at 11:20.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

I would suggest BS and conq/dt.

BS for the awesome support power, and conq/dt for a tanky class able to pull massive dps. Plus in the case of the conq specifically, very powerfull debuffs.

Thanks for the advice, think I will be going BS myself.

If you want both melee toons then I'd also suggest BS and Conq/DT.

Healer and tank duo should make grouping easier (since you'll need only one extra tank and 3 randoms).

Also you will be unkillable when questing, so Conq/DT can go full dps frenzy all the time.

And i assume there is no difference in race/gender now? Read an old post about female characters not being as good at melee as the males.

No difference now.

Oh, those were the baaaad old days.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I'd say best duo would be a couple of hoxes stunning and blowing up everything forever but I suspect I'm biased.

Couples that work particularly well together: dt+tos (forever mana), conq+bear (forever support), demo+tos (forever dps) and possibly necro+pom. But your best bet for hammerbros adventures is soldier+bear.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    I'd say best duo would be a couple of hoxes stunning and blowing up everything forever but I suspect I'm biased.
    what no, that's brilliant!!!
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post

Couples that work particularly well together: dt+tos (forever mana), conq+bear (forever support), demo+tos (forever dps) and possibly necro+pom. But your best bet for hammerbros adventures is soldier+bear.
    Love it! Hammer Bros for the win

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast