Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sepulcher of the Wyrm

This boss hits extremely hard in 2nd phase. DT with 56,5% mitigation and Soul Barrier, it hits for 4-5k. Impossible to tank with 1 healer and offtank.

Fully possible to tank with two tanks and one priest, but most easily done with two of each (as DT I'm usually running with 55,7% mit and 17500some health). Give more add spawns (every 10% would be nice and fun. More action for both teams) and reduce the dmg buff from stacks in 2nd phase a bit and the encounter would be more interesting and more fun for everyone. Current damage output at 6-7 stacks is more than enough to handle for most people I would guess. At 8 stacks it really starts to hurt even with elusive nature on, and at 10 stacks you got to keep the aggroswapping under good control.
    Last edited by Ekorn; 24th May 2013 at 20:55.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

With 2 well geared DTs and offtank Conqueror the 2nd phase became trivial. But with DT and offtank Conqueror plain no-go. Good thing we don't need UC, TW or FH here, as people actually can bring three tanks and two healers then. But the damage output of 2nd phase should really be reduced. Whats the point really when you need a lot better gear to tank the encounter than what drops there ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    With 2 well geared DTs and offtank Conqueror the 2nd phase became trivial. But with DT and offtank Conqueror plain no-go. Good thing we don't need UC, TW or FH here, as people actually can bring three tanks and two healers then. But the damage output of 2nd phase should really be reduced. Whats the point really when you need a lot better gear to tank the encounter than what drops there ^^
    I've done it several times with just two soldiers and one priest (yes, DT + conq or guard + conq is doable). It's harder, but far from impossible. TBH, she can be solo tanked due to "glitches" in the game engine, intended or not, but she's easily distracted
    Last edited by Ekorn; 24th May 2013 at 21:10.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)

Can't see how you can solotank 5k hits :-) Imagine it could be easier with Guardians yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Can't see how you can solotank 5k hits :-) Imagine it could be easier with Guardians yes.
    As I said, she's easily distracted. It's dodgy, but doable. Why you would attempt it, I have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ekorn View Post
    He could indeed recieve a small nerf. They added more time between the stacks, but there's no way you can finish him off before hitting 10 stacks anyway, so that's really not a nerf.. Reduce dmg output with 10% or so and it's fine.
    10%? What difference would that make? I was thinking of something more like nerfing his damage by 60% or so, then the fight would start slowly resembling something halfway decent.

A 60% incoming dmg nerf would make the encounter totally trivial, sorry. Our last try shows me an outgoing dps from Custodian Of Yoth of 1665,69. reducing that dmg with 60% would make it 666dps. I would feel a great difference with only a 10% nerf, atleast when she's critting. Sure, maybe 25% dmg nerf would be nice, but 60%? If nerfing by ~50%, you could rather skip the stacking dmg buff and just flat out increase base dmg by ~25% or so?

Make a normal mode for gingers

Turn the current version into a god slayer version for real men

Quote Originally Posted by bulk View Post
    Make a normal mode for gingers

Turn the current version into a god slayer version for real men
    Real men = men in full Tier 4 gear?

gingers = everyone else? Because without Tier 4 gear it will be very hard to tank this with only one main tank and an offtank (let alone solo tank it)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast