Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fun with Fake Feats

Well it does not really have any drawbacks. That 10 % negative damage multiplier is nothing with that enormous crit increase^^

So the closest thing to heralds of Xotli in lore -- specifically, the "Red Shadows" -- went around jumping victims and teleporting them to the Priest of Xotli home base in Ptahuacan (an ancient city across the sea), where the victims were then sacrificed to Xotli and fed to giant lizards and otherwise had a really bad day (some paraphrasing). Eventually (30 years from now in game-time?) the Priests of Xotli run out of easy prey and start eating actual First World peeps (i.e., Aquilonians), which irks Conan (in his sixties or something now; "get off my lawn"), so he and the priests of Mitra have to go over there and Operation Enduring Freedom their ******s with a phoenix medallion (!?!!), ultimately terminating Xotli (well, banishing his form in this dimension or something something; whatever the story was, there was a marked deficiency of Red Sonja).

Let us think on these things.

Feats:

It'd be amusing to have some "just for fun" feats that reflected a (growing?) (still optional, of course) sense of the fact that we all represent a single god for whom we are responsible for, you know, proper care and feeding. For example:
    • Orgy of Sacrifice: Using I Eat Your Heart (Xotli eats hearts, specifically, btw, so IEYH is A Big Deal) resets the cooldown of I Eat Your Heart for all other Heralds within 40 meters.
    • Swarm of Shadows: Hellstep's pulsing damage buff now lasts 10 seconds and stacks up to five times. Every time a Herald Hellsteps, all Heralds within 40 meters receive a new stack. While a Herald has two or more stacks, Hellstep has no cooldown.
    • We are Legion: Casting Desecrating Essence lowers the cooldown of Desecrating Essence by 10 seconds for all Heralds within 40 meters, and extends the duration of Desecrating Essence by 5 seconds for any Herald already transformed.

It'd be an interesting new dynamic (to me, at least; perhaps others find shiny objects and such to be all the excitement that they can handle in the course of a day) for players to be able to boost each other's performance in new ways like this.

Xotli: Rise of the Red Shadows

And why not a whole expansion or zone devoted to Xotli, foreshadowing the eventual conflict with Old Man Conan? Buckets of in-game lore touch on the people and places mentioned in the campaign to pacify the Demon God. Something Turan-y:
    • New Zone: Smuggler can now transport players to the City of Ptahuacan. There they find the Priests of Xotli preying on a dwindling supply of civilians for sacrifices.
    • Choose sides: Players can choose to side with (or infiltrate) one of two opposing factions: Heirarch/Priests of Xotli; Metemphoc/thieves/underworld.
    • New 6-man: Stealth missions throughout the Zikkurat (dragon-filled pyramid of Bad News, not the least of which being our Boss himself, on occasion)
    • New raid: Put down the latest Heirarch (head Priest of Xotli)
    • New PVP minigame: 1v6. One player takes on either the Aura of Xotli or the thieves' equivalent (really guuuud "energy drink"), increasing their strength and giving a number of boss-level abilities. Add an arena pit, stir.
    Last edited by Prima; 24th July 2013 at 22:57.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Most Heralds are not careers soldiers with weapon training and muscles. They are normal citizens or mages who, at some point, developed their own peculiar brand of OCD that compels them to tote around a giant sword, eat hearts, and occasionally turn into a demon. One imagines that the strap on that sword must chafe when you only wear cloth.

It'd be fun if there were options for having this unnatural combo of "civilian plus giant sword" reflected in how my characters carry their weapons:

I'm sure there are other stances/animations. I'll add as I think of them.
    Last edited by Prima; 7th June 2013 at 00:34.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I want legion T_T

hox is only caster without any sort of pet. I'd settle for a little tiny demon that sits on my shoulders and yells insults at people.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    I want legion T_T

hox is only caster without any sort of pet. I'd settle for a little tiny demon that sits on my shoulders and yells insults at people.
    Ahh, now I'm really afraid of possible hox revamp. Its the class i love most since launch and i hope revamp wont changed playstyle to much, and certainly hope that ideas like this wont come to life
    Bit more survivability, fixing some broken and useless feats and combos, also some new bufs and stuff that can make game more challegning but also more rewarding and hox is good to go.
    But as title say this is fake feat topic, but still i think we can make some feats that can be fun and can be used in future for pvp and pve.
    It would be nice for instance if i eat your heart kill any minion (demo, necro's and even frozen hatred) healing hox and giving him 2-3 sec immunity on dmg after using it.
    Also roots of hell that gives 50% knockback immunity that also gives another 30% knock immunity after using charge, during that charge and 2 sec after.
    if you have 10 stacks of flame lash you can reduce its cast time to 0.5 sec and at 5 stack to 1 sec.
    Remove ice dmg penalty from PC, reduce its duration and reduce cd to 2-3 min.
    And if possible give us one combo cc, at least snare. I know we can use stun from AA but its not best solution for aa perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Ahh, now I'm really afraid of possible hox revamp. Its the class i love most since launch and i hope revamp wont changed playstyle to much, and certainly hope that ideas like this wont come to life
    Bit more survivability, fixing some broken and useless feats and combos, also some new bufs and stuff that can make game more challegning but also more rewarding and hox is good to go.
    But as title say this is fake feat topic, but still i think we can make some feats that can be fun and can be used in future for pvp and pve.
    It would be nice for instance if i eat your heart kill any minion (demo, necro's and even frozen hatred) healing hox and giving him 2-3 sec immunity on dmg after using it.
    Also roots of hell that gives 50% knockback immunity that also gives another 30% knock immunity after using charge, during that charge and 2 sec after.
    if you have 10 stacks of flame lash you can reduce its cast time to 0.5 sec and at 5 stack to 1 sec.
    Remove ice dmg penalty from PC, reduce its duration and reduce cd to 2-3 min.
    And if possible give us one combo cc, at least snare. I know we can use stun from AA but its not best solution for aa perks.
    I had suggested a long time ago that making From the Beyond transform also stun the target. Wouldn't be any different than charge+KB, other than the fact that it can be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I had suggested a long time ago that making From the Beyond transform also stun the target. Wouldn't be any different than charge+KB, other than the fact that it can be broken.
    ye that would be more than nice and enough in cc department

Well, now that the game director is talking about new AA feats, maybe this discussion isn't so theoretical after all.

Anyone got any creative ideas? Not just buffs to the class, but maybe something that adds flavor, maybe even ties into lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    so he and the priests of Mitra have to go over there and Operation Enduring Freedom their ******s with a phoenix medallion (!?!!), ultimately terminating Xotli
    This is lore yet they removed the Undead/Demon + dmg on Mitras Searing Eye!!!.....cmon Funcom....get with the program!!!!
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

The creativity in OP's ideas was excellent. A lot of great ideas to increase survivability and the names of the spells/abilities kicked a$$!

awesome fun thread.. thanks
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12