Thread: Change of ress options

Default Change of ress options

Why changing the default ressurrect option when using combat ress?

what a waste of coding efforts... :-/

just wanted to post the same .. FC, pls, stop ninja"fixing" things :/

Now I should cite Funcom staff saying "Nothing changed."
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

I don't understand how the "server crashes fix" had anything to do with the code that controls res options and looting from mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    Now I should cite Funcom staff saying "Nothing changed."
    like this..

Quote Originally Posted by Vorbiz View Post
    Nothing was updated.

For those curious the servers were brought down for and emergency hot fix. The problem was server crashes. Which if left unchecked would have continued over the weekend.
    cool story, bro

Hehe, did a Kylikki raid today and managed to die at both bosses (yeah I am a useless assasin). Both times I got ressed and when I was suppose to click that one someone else threw me a ress so it was reset and I ended up at fire beacon lookout. Sure I am to blame for my stupidity but can't see any good reason why to change this.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    I don't understand how the "server crashes fix" had anything to do with the code that controls res options and looting from mounts?
    Neither do the coders at funcom. That's the problem. Most of the time they don't seem to know what they are doing in the code. Can the code be that messy? Would be hard to believe they have that bad coders at funcom and couldn't find any better.
    The strangest fact is that they keep making the same mistakes over and over. Don't they ever comment the code so they would know what it is the next time they are going to do the same mistakes?

Anyone else get the picture of this game code being held together by bits of string, duct tape and a chewed gum? I think I saw a Swiss army knife lying around here somewhere.

source control. Good management and QA looking after source control as well as test cases would prevent this. I'm sure this resurrect window has had the same problem before, and now it's been rolled back from some hot-fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    source control. Good management and QA looking after source control as well as test cases would prevent this. I'm sure this resurrect window has had the same problem before, and now it's been rolled back from some hot-fix.
    Exactly. We had this issue before and complained that getting the lobby res as the default choice was stupid. Funcom fixed it so the last res would be the one showing. This change is likely accidental but that doesn't make it any less troublesome.

I posted about this issue in the thread asking why the patch came at prime time (right after forum mod post that nothing was changed). My comment there included the observation that someone will probably miss out on boss loot by clicking a conq res and not knowing or forgetting about this new issue and ending up in a raid lobby or res point. And possibly someone's tank/healer will end up in a lobby the same way and the whole raid will wipe.