Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Most hated class?

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Demo is actually quite squishy
    and guite ranged, quite insta damage/cc spelled, quite nuker... top of that a speed buff...

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    and guite ranged, quite insta damage/cc spelled, quite nuker... top of that a speed buff...
    Demo has no bubbles, cloth armor and gets focused all the time.
    CCs got resisted, broken or interrupted many times.
    Try to play a demo in minigames and you will realize fast how much speedbuff is needed to survive.

Or you think that conqs, guards, DTs, BSs, PoMs would deserve a speedbuff more than demos?
    Last edited by Calore; 12th April 2013 at 11:28.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    For every 10 people playing a demo only 1 will be a threat. I see plenty of trash demo's and waste no time eliminating them.

However, there are a ton more trash rangers that each one can be a viable threat. Playing a low level demo you will be raped once more than one person decides you need to die.

As a low level ranger you can just sit back on the same ledge and pop clicks all day, place down instant traps, and move with a 8% speed buff at all times which is suffecient enough when combined with the largest sprint energy pool to always get away.

You can just hit your 2 minute evade buff and ALWAYS live long enough to take someone with you, or just run and get away instantly.

Demo's are powerful, but it's not an instantly win class such as the ranger.
    Doomsayer 2008

I disagree with that. Rangers and demos are quite similar at lowbie. Rangers might die a bit less but they'll also kill less than demo. Physical damage being more gear dependant than magical damage.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    But there is still difference while some bad/new ranger can still perform well and can have pretty good KD ratio in almost any mini bad sin can kill or finish someone but after mini he can count lot of deaths either...
    That quote you replied to is completely wrong. No fresh out of the box 80 ranger or sin or any other class are easymode and or can compete with fully geared toons. The only difference is whether a class that's semi geared can accrue enough AAs to compete when they get to pvp 2. Some classes can (due to spec), some classes have to wait til pvp 5. And even then, what do you all think will happen if he/she faces an opponent that's just as good in skill, but more geared and AA'd?

To argue that players are bad doesn't argue in regards to the class. Suctum can also say for every 10 people playing geared barbs only 1 will be a threat. These are empty words that have no bearings on class balance.

At low levels casters can do the same as rangers, but even more cheap in actual fights. Lowbie rangers can't run away, demos with speed buffs can. And how does a low level ranger move with 8% speed buff? Are you talking about low pvp levels or low levels in general? Either case you were wrong Suctum.

Fact of the matter is, any class with high amount of cc's, especially instant, is ****ing annoying. Rangres and demos both are classes that can chain cc's together to kite opponents indefinitely. The only real difference is one has a green heal, while the other is in medium armor.

No class in this game is an instant win class. All of them need gear and AAs, as well as actual game knowledge of other classes in the game and what they can do. Demos is just easier to play than rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I disagree with that. Rangers and demos are quite similar at lowbie. Rangers might die a bit less but they'll also kill less than demo. Physical damage being more gear dependant than magical damage.
    On set, rangers are a bigger threat. Perhaps there are more rangers there than on fury? I had a demo the other day in a mini nuking me, I was able to close the gap and kill, rangers on the other hand run the second you look at them, olay traps and have a speed increase in AAs. Demos are less of a threat, perhaps player intelligence. The only demo that is a threat are the old demos, the new ones just dont seem to get the concept. While rangers I think are much easierthan a demo to play. hell, pvp 5 rangers peg me for 3.5k+ on my pvp 10 tos.

And yes, I have a ranger and demo that I pvp with. I feel rangers are easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Fact of the matter is, any class with high amount of cc's, especially instant, is ****ing annoying. Rangres and demos both are classes that can chain cc's together to kite opponents indefinitely. The only real difference is one has a green heal, while the other is in medium armor.
    I disagree with this, especially when you say that they can kite opponents indefinitely.

Talking about demo, with all CC resistances, breaks, etc, sometimes even a single melee can kill you (barb, conq etc.; no need to say sin).

Demo is very squishy, most times the best thing to do is use speed buff and run away (which is different than kite).

I don't play ranger, but my impression is that rangers kill less and die less (on average, it depends on the player ofc).
    Both classes are annoying of course: CCs, insta-casts, high-damage from range.. all annoying stuff.

Anyway, it's so easy to kill a demo.
    I was always happy to have demos in enemy group when playing BS: most of them are easy kills, and even meat for sins.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    On set, rangers are a bigger threat. Perhaps there are more rangers there than on fury? I had a demo the other day in a mini nuking me, I was able to close the gap and kill, rangers on the other hand run the second you look at them, olay traps and have a speed increase in AAs. Demos are less of a threat, perhaps player intelligence. The only demo that is a threat are the old demos, the new ones just dont seem to get the concept. While rangers I think are much easierthan a demo to play. hell, pvp 5 rangers peg me for 3.5k+ on my pvp 10 tos.

And yes, I have a ranger and demo that I pvp with. I feel rangers are easier.
    Well like you said... most rangers, you just need to look at them they run to the otherside of the map. Demos do the same but with the high amount of demos playing with WoF they tend to play willingly closer to melee thus abviously die slightly more but also **** up a groupe much more efficiently than a ranger.

You also have to take in consideration that all class don't struggle against others in the same way. On my sin yeah demos don't scare me but rangers do if i don't have the initiative. On barb both are quite at the same level. On Hox most demos heal me with WoF so yeah rangers are more a threat. On necro though i fear demos more than rangers. On Conq (carnage) rangers are meaningless while demos aren't. With BS it was 50/50 last time i tried.

Now easier to play... i don't know. In 1 vs 1 situation demo is easier in my opinion. In groupe fights it's easier to get loads of kills on demo than on ranger, but it's a bit harder to survive.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    I disagree with this, especially when you say that they can kite opponents indefinitely.

Talking about demo, with all CC resistances, breaks, etc, sometimes even a single melee can kill you (barb, conq etc.; no need to say sin).

Demo is very squishy, most times the best thing to do is use speed buff and run away (which is different than kite).

I don't play ranger, but my impression is that rangers kill less and die less (on average, it depends on the player ofc).
    Both classes are annoying of course: CCs, insta-casts, high-damage from range.. all annoying stuff.

Anyway, it's so easy to kill a demo.
    I was always happy to have demos in enemy group when playing BS: most of them are easy kills, and even meat for sins.
    You need to think and talk about class dynamics instead of open ended or anecdotal scenarios. If a single melee kill a demo 1v1, then it's due to the demo not having enough gear/AA/skill/game knowledge. Most of the time if a heavy does not resist a cc or two, they have no chance vs a demo 1v1 given equal footing in gear aa blah blah.

here is my exp on difficulties of playing fresh lvl 80 with no gear. In last year i started ranger and necro, and lately sin. So blue 80 gear, even some 60 on necro, blue weapons and no AA.
    Ranger is still easy, you have okeish dmg and tools to kite or pull back. Necro is squishy but with SW still can kill decent (lame but viable), with sin i can kill fast but die even faster, i play trybrid spec and im able to kill high lvl casters and even rangers. they just dont excpect pvp 2 sin to pose threat. Rangers would be even easier if not for that silly TTS. I'm speaking of average players of high lvl, not of pro.
    But honestly ranger have all tool to be easiest of them all. Hide, range, cc, nice dmg, that is if some soldier dont focus you, than you can just run

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast