Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player vs. Player

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    No, AAs do not affect PvP drastically.

give a veteran PvP level 0 of his class, and watch him do wonders.
    LunaticAsylumLA i know your a active forum poster but sometimes dude you really do post some rubbish

AAs are a massive impact on PvP!!! for a hardcore pvper that does not do much pve the AA grind is insane! (little example CC break aa Deliverance) from point 4 to 5 is 38 prowess! Go grind 38 prowess doing mini games just for 1 point!!

plus alot of the good AAs are on mastery tree

your second comment about a pvp 0 veteran doing wonders! maybe a few years ago befor the massive pve dmg weapons gear and AAs yes! but current AOC no.
    All classes have some no skill dmg click abilitys that a pvp 0 would just melt no mater what skill he bring

Also LunaticAsylumLA i'v read some of your comments and posts befor.
    You give a clear impression that you not interested at all in a player vs player being skill vs skill you want gear/aa playing a part in that player vs player fight
    I dont know you so this by no means a attack upon you but its clear you want gear/aa difference playing its part in a pvp fight

Hardcore PvPers what skill vs skill we dont want gear/aa playing any part in a player vs a player fight
    Gear and AA grind is for the pve game mode NOT pvp

It seems whalar was making reply to your post LunaticAsylumLA same time as me

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    It seems whalar was making reply to your post LunaticAsylumLA same time as me
    I apologize for beating you to it

My mindset is not "PvE". The developers made a perfect game with perfect PvP, and I wholly support them there; and you are just trying to ask for some odd or "unique" changes to render it to something utterly boring.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Back in the days of herioc stats gear did not matter and you could do well just on crafted blues.

When they changed all the stats 1.5, gear became a slight issue but overall you could get away with culture/crafted blues and some T1/T2 with 0 PvP levels and still do well enough on most classes.

Changes made 2.0 and people gaining Bori PvP levels pretty much destroyed skill making any difference, especially the Ranger and Sin revamps then. Now, with T4 gear, stats are way out of control.

The only effective class you can do OK on with blue gear now would be a necro, and only from skillweaving dots. And an amazing player might only be postive a few kills or break even then...
    Last edited by Suctum; 31st March 2013 at 08:53.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    No, AAs do not affect PvP drastically.
    WTF game are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    And some classes lvl 0 that can kill pvp 10. well it is possible if that pvp 0 has khitai gear or t4 gear. In blue gear, like most fresh chars comes to minis, pvp 0 stand chance only against afk pvp 10.
    a melee with greens will die to an afk decked out DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    This is why the PvP in this game is trash. Players with a PvE mindset wanting gear to matter.

The ONLY PvP were gear should matter is open world and that should only be marginal.
    Yep. Best reason why game is trash

so much effort needs to be done to make this game competitive with other pvp games its ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    a melee with greens will die to an afk decked out DT
    And some high geared toons can die for high afk conq who has their retaliation button stuck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast