Thread: Is Khitai still sub-only?

Default Is Khitai still sub-only?

I purchased the expansion long ago, and continued to play with a subscription for quite a while after the game went f2p, but when my sub ran out I lost access to the Khitai area. I would consider returning if Khitai was now f2p, anyone hear anything along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Blighted View Post
    I purchased the expansion long ago, and continued to play with a subscription for quite a while after the game went f2p, but when my sub ran out I lost access to the Khitai area. I would consider returning if Khitai was now f2p, anyone hear anything along those lines?
    It's still only for premiums, but in a few recent interviews Joel said some things that it's possible it will change.

I know Gateway to Khitai is F2P (lvl 20-40). Khitai is never going to be buy to play and that's because Funcom can't produce new content fast enough to make it profitable.

They would need to be coming out with a new zone every 6-8 months. Or just new content in general.

There is a pass in the item store to make it accessible. Also, you can always be in the Gateway to Khitai area.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.