Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people quit this game...

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    THIS is exactly the mindset that is slowly plunging the game. I've PUG'd crows nest and xib and iron tower, 55% of the pugs never finish even after hours of play.

You may say well they must REALLY suck ..OK or you can say that you are just a much better gamer. Whatever the reason is more then half the pugs JUST barely manage to get through these "easy" dungeons.

For a brand spanking new group who never stepped into one of these dungeons it would be impossible because they have no one with strat knowledge or someone to lead them... this is a game..not a Navy SEALs test..you should with a couple of hiccups be able to finish these easier dungeons.

Remember, stop thinking like a vet and start thinking like someone who just picked up the game or maybe even a first time gamer. Its hard I know..but due to a lack of vet players and seeing this side of the fence I realize why the game isn't more popular.
    Join a guild and get a cpl exp guys help you out in those places and its doable even if your as green as grass.. ;-)
    I hate pug groups, always did..there was never any good coming out of it. Find yourself a helpful guild, its the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by StaHoo View Post
    /sarcasm on
    Yes and please make t4 farm-able with green tortage geared chars... oh wait...
    /sarcasm off
    Or make it doable with t2 t1 with drastically reduced loot drops or even none at all. Casual players will like the experience of trying out the emperor or memory cloud. And eventually do them on normal mode.

Again, you're missing the main point. Do you really want to deny access to your customer who wants to try fort, something he purchased, because he lacks gear?

Simply create a casual mode ( because a casual player will probably never get to do fort, I've played for several years and this is my fourth time) for people who want to experience new content and finish story arcs, drastically reduce loot % and use this casual instance to train players.

Simply barring people from huge swaths of content just cuts your game down by half... I've spoken with people who played a year or more and never seen Thoth amon.. its crazy, you're intentionally limiting the full potential of your own game.
    There's a reason the Fort gives an epic helm as a reward, while Crows nest gives some blue accessories. It's called progression and almost every game has it.

Your argument is basically that any level player should be allowed to complete any instance. That's foolish. Why not argue that everyone should be allowed to solo raid dungeons? The kind of player you are referring to needs to learn the game. There are bunches of guilds that can kill TA (or at least get to him now). You don't have to be "elite" to see 90% of the content. An easy walk-thru RP version you seem to be suggesting is not what this game is.

Do you really want FC to waste what little resources it has making EZ modes of old dungeons? Newbie 80s have plenty of places to go: atzel, onyx, crows nest, iron tower, HOC, T1 and T2. There are lots of "casual" places already in the game for new players to learn, not to mention the EZ modes of some of the K6 dungeons. The game has already been nerfed enough.

If players aren't willing to invest the time to learn their toons and these fights, they aren't going to be long-term in the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Bummer for that new 80. But as it says right on the box, "User Experience May Vary."

It's true that the game lacks for a clear upgrade path once you hit 80. But any of us could fix that with a guide.

I'm not sure that 80's experience reflects a flaw with the game. As with most MMOs, the true test of the end game is finding -- or putting together -- the right group of people to do it with. Finding a good guild is not guaranteed. But would we value our guild if it was guaranteed? I look at WoW, where you can do almost any content in the game -- even the raids -- via an LFG button. How do you get to know anyone? Why bother? Why keep playing once you have accomplished your personal goals?

Don't get me wrong. The first time I quit this game, the thing that pushed me over the edge was being in three guild implodes in five months. It'd be nice to make a game feature that stopped that.

Ain't gonna happen.
    And so does funcom's profits which atm are not too great. You get paid at funcom to create value for your investors not try to create a "great game".

That is if you're alienating your customers because you want to cater to a coterie of hardcore players then you're going to have problems in the gaming industry. Which at the moment is what Funcom seems to be having, problems.

Again, let's try to stay positive and draw in customers to a product that has yet to deliever on its full potential.

THIS is exactly the mindset that is slowly plunging the game. I've PUG'd crows nest and xib and iron tower, 55% of the pugs never finish even after hours of play.

You may say well they must REALLY suck ..OK or you can say that you are just a much better gamer. Whatever the reason is more then half the pugs JUST barely manage to get through these "easy" dungeons.

For a brand spanking new group who never stepped into one of these dungeons it would be impossible because they have no one with strat knowledge or someone to lead them... this is a game..not a Navy SEALs test..you should with a couple of hiccups be able to finish these easier dungeons.

Remember, stop thinking like a vet and start thinking like someone who just picked up the game or maybe even a first time gamer. Its hard I know..but due to a lack of vet players and seeing this side of the fence I realize why the game isn't more popular.
    you know what?? last time i did xiba i was with 3 guildies and another player we found in global... after 30 minutes of spamming "lfm" announces, we decided to start it... and we just did it all that way...
    we would have gladly accepted another player (even the noobest of the noobs), but nobody wanted to join... is it our fault that nobody cares about those instances anymore?? or is more like poeple prefers to jump to the hardest things (and get slapped in the face, 'cos they don't even know how to watch a castbar)??

and, as thain said, if you don't know the game, join a guild, where you can find people that will gladly teach you...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    There's a reason the Fort gives an epic helm as a reward, while Crows nest gives some blue accessories. It's called progression and almost every game has it.

Your argument is basically that any level player should be allowed to complete any instance. That's foolish. Why not argue that everyone should be allowed to solo raid dungeons? The kind of player you are referring to needs to learn the game. There are bunches of guilds that can kill TA (or at least get to him now). You don't have to be "elite" to see 90% of the content. An easy walk-thru RP version you seem to be suggesting is not what this game is.

Do you really want FC to waste what little resources it has making EZ modes of old dungeons? Newbie 80s have plenty of places to go: atzel, onyx, crows nest, iron tower, HOC, T1 and T2. There are lots of "casual" places already in the game for new players to learn, not to mention the EZ modes of some of the K6 dungeons. The game has already been nerfed enough.

If players aren't willing to invest the time to learn their toons and these fights, they aren't going to be long-term in the game anyway.
    And what makes you an expert on what people want? Or what this game should be about? All I'm seeing is a hemmoraghing pbase and a game that can't retain customers. EZ mode WoW has millions of players.

Enjoy the 5 people and 2 cats that will eventually be playing this game.

If you are bad or new you have no business being in hard-modes or high level raids. Its that simple. You are simply wasting all the other peoples time and you deserve to be bashed for it. Yes you do need to learn the strats but you MUST LET THE GROUP LEADERS KNOW that you are new. You can't just show up and pretend you can handle it because you got carried through tier 2 raids and are covered in gear. I will also add, many of us will gladly carry 'newbs' through harder 6 mans, but FORT IS OUT OF THE QUESTION! That place is not for newbs, not even for some vets.
    Last edited by Raydenz; 18th March 2013 at 16:46.

I agree with this but also it's not just this game can be many others a fresh 80 and people expect you to know everything or the 'group leader' doesn't explain too much about what's going on.
    I've been playing since launch but have been on and off i've met stupid people who rage at you for doing the wrong thing and the good one's who have had time to explain what to do and what not to do.
    Join a good community guild and more then likey they will give you a helping hand.

Nope wrong.

Why they quit game?

- They are alone from 1 lvl to 79lvl
    - No world pvp/xp from low lvls
    - At 40 lvl it gets harder to be alone, most newbies quit around 40-60 lvl
    - If those few % of triers get to 80lvl, they face horrible grind and unbalance
    - They quit because of that.

Those are maybe biggest reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Raydenz View Post
    If you are bad or new you have no business being in hard-modes or high level raids. Its that simple. You are simply wasting all the other peoples time and you deserve to be bashed for it. Yes you do need to learn the strats but you MUST LET THE GROUP LEADERS KNOW that you are new. You can't just show up and pretend you can handle it because you got carried through tier 2 raids and are covered in gear. I will also add, many of us will gladly carry 'newbs' through harder 6 mans, but FORT IS OUT OF THE QUESTION! That place is not for newbs, not even for some vets.
    And how is a new players supposed to know he is doing a dungeon way out of his league. Does it say that somewhere? Oh I know, he can have his hand held by a vet or a large guild; way to keep new players that's for sure.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast