Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people quit this game...

Default Why people quit this game...

I like to play a game called dark souls,when it came out it was a very difficult and masochistic game. I loved it. But it was single player, you set the pace and develop your own play style.

AoC is probably a dark souls of the mmo world its relatively difficult in terms of gameplay. But unlike dark souls its a mmo meaning that multiple people must get together to accomplish a goal.

This brings me to last night. Someone last night was running turan fort(from one of the "elite" guilds..if there is such a thing anymore.) Anyhow, it went something like this,

Group leader: Why do you keep dying???

New 80(probably from steam): well I did what you said<interrupted>

Group leader: NO NO you didn't!!! you're supposed to get to the center grate when the rhino gets to the center!!

New 80(just came over from WoW): well sorry dude I did exactly like you said..

Group leader: You suck at this game!! useless!!!!

New 80(just bought turan and subbed for first month.): Wow OK I'm done with this game. Peace, I'm out.<click>

Me(usually never speaks but turned on mic this one time, in heavy Irish accent): Listen dude, first of all you have to explain to him not to stand in at the corners when he does come to the center. Secondly you suck at leading! And you really should look into all that anger from a silly game.

Group leader: <expletives> <expletives>?!!!!!

Me(half drunk irishman): <ridiculoulsy well formed insults>

Group leader: <expletives> :::throws mic:::

/end 6man.

There is a serious lack of leadership that I see coming from people in the game. Ultimately those people that stick it through and learn all the nuisances in this difficult and buggy game end up joining an elite guild and run super smooth raids/6mans with other like minded people who "stuck it through" but this doesn't help newbie players and ESPECIALLY casual players who just want to relax and chill.

I'm seeing this way too often now especially since now vets who have all the strats and tricks hard coded into their brains with t4 gear are playing with new 80 s with a piece of sanctum gear still attached to their toons.

Funcom may not believe this is "their problem" but it is since vets tend to go f2p until that new toy comes up in the horizon and the dearth of players to do any of the content evaporates. See in the end vet players who have set groups going don't care if the game sinks into the abyss. We get to play and grab all the toys we want farming style. Funcom as a company needs to make money on the otherhand and attracting and keeping new players is the main focus in order to do this.

Vorbiz Edit: Removed profanities.
    Last edited by Vorbiz; 18th March 2013 at 19:01.

This has nothing to do with AoC as a game, it's just people, some are cool, some are not, nothing new here.

Now, one might wonder what was doing a brand new FTP players on an under developed character in Ardashir Fort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    This has nothing to do with AoC as a game, it's just people, some are cool, some are not, nothing new here.

Now, one might wonder what was doing a brand new FTP players on an under developed character in Ardashir Fort.
    Disagree it has EVERYTHING to do with the game since its an mmo and therefore other people ARE the main ingredients.

And whatever problem it is, its definitely funcom's because in this relatively difficult game people get discouraged (hey? Why the heck am I getting stressed out when I'm the one paying 15 bucks??!) and quit fast... and there is almost a limitless selection of MMOs to choose from.

What do you suggest we/FC should do with stupid people?

If someone said he's never done something before, then there's no reason rage about it. Unless it's a T4 raid and he has no clue about class/game mechanics

The leader of that party was unfair and would behave like one no matter the game. He would find other reasons.

The player who said "**** this game" is also stupid, because it's not the game's fault (unless he doesn't like the game anyway ).

Vorbiz Edit: Removed profanity

EDIT: Just read your next post... wtf, man?
    Last edited by Vorbiz; 18th March 2013 at 19:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

heh, was wondering about the same thing.. don´t get me wrong, but if the group leader was any good, he wouldn´t allow such toons in this kind of group anyway (unless you want to x-man it for the 6-x part of the group)

then again, there is no LFG system with an option to filter morons.. there is no LFG system at all, actually

I see the points here very well.
    With group "leaders" behaving like that, i would be demotivated myself to play this game.

If i could, i myself would really like to learn fresh 80's how things work here and there.

Well, don't ask me now, haven't played this for a year, just poking in now and then to check activity.

Quote Originally Posted by sabbath1989 View Post
    With group "leaders" behaving like that, i would be demotivated myself to play this game.
    Never met a group leader like that... maybe because either I was leading a group or one of my friends was doing that.

Yes, you can have friends in this game.

Everyone knows the solution. NERF AoC...

there's about 50 dungeons in this game. you're lucky if you can find a group for more than three if them, since only the easy ones with the biggest payouts are farmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Never met a group leader like that... maybe because either I was leading a group or one of my friends was doing that.

Yes, you can have friends in this game.

Its getting more and more common in the us servers. And frankly I think the new 80 should be able to access whatever content he wants. That's the essence of great game design to allow your customers to be able to play all aspects of your game without some kind of barrier to entry to vast portions of the content just because you don't have cool digitized items.

At the same time you need to balance risk/skill and reward.

Therefore like I suggested do what great games like ddo did.. create different tiers of difficulty for each instance. So instead of us going in last night and seeing that newbie 80 dying countless times we can go into casual mode turan fort, finish it successfully (with very little loot drops since it is on easy mode) and then maybe explain to newbie 80 "hey I saw you were taking a ton of damage on that rhino fight" "yeah I was what's up with that?" "You gotta stand away from the corners man or else you'll get rooted" "oh cool I'll keep that in mind."

And a trained newbie is born..eventually he'll be able to form groups and expand enjoyment for more and more people in the game.(and enrich funcom in the process).

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast