Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Nod, my DT is not yet 80-- one of my last remaining alts-- and I am going heavy armour/full plate and sword+board for tank, heavy, sword+tali for DPS. I have not been pushing +magic damage, though + Crit is good for a DT regardless of VoM.

While I personally would have had no problem with becoming godlike at 80 , the DT as a normal heavy warrior seems to be ok for PvE and group instances so far.

I am guessing that most of the out-of-class crying was due to imbalance in Raids and PvP, since DTs as tanks could still pull off ridiculous DPS. Since I play almost every class in the game, I have seen a lot of differing viewpoints.

Balance is good; I just hope that they don't do a pendulum swing, as is all too common with "rebalancing" (when it's just a rotating nerf).

Also, if the new gear system comes in and DTs get decently itemized, that might solve the reason that VoM was ever put in, in the first place. A Heavy armour toon that needs to wear pajamas suggests bad-old-school-WoW-type problems with the class in the first place. (Druids wearing Priest gear, anyone? I did say old school. )

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLibrarian View Post
    Also, if the new gear system comes in and DTs get decently itemized, that might solve the reason that VoM was ever put in, in the first place. A Heavy armour toon that needs to wear pajamas suggests bad-old-school-WoW-type problems with the class in the first place. (Druids wearing Priest gear, anyone? I did say old school. )
    Would be awesome if people with 0 real exp on the class stop making statements.You don't NEED pajama gear ,you can't tank any decent high end designed encounter in light/cloth and also the dps difference when going full pajama is not all that different with running a full str/cr setup unless you are hitting magic sensitive stuff.And even there optimal would be to mix in wisdom accesories/other stuff but to a limit.The full cloth/light tanking is not really happening unless you tank 2 tiers back or retarded WB or retarded when overgeared anyway for it KK prot fights and so on.../rant off.

all soldiers need a nerf.

frenzy dmg needs to be reduced along with frenzy mitigation.

Should not be able to change stance while KB.

D stance should have reduced mitigation ( same as normal stance) but should grant a green heal and cc immunity % of like 5-10%

hi sidar and ty for the help

what do you think of mirror of shadows ( T3 craft shield )?

Quote Originally Posted by Anshat View Post

I'm not Sidar but I have a DT with the mirror of shadows and I never use it(well, sometimes I use it because It was so expensive that I like to pretend to it was a good choice). I prefer T4 shield for fisical damage and T3 Protection shield for magic fights(if I need more agro at magic bosses I switch between T3 and tali during the fight).

Mirror of shadow is not a bad shield but is too expensive. If I had to get a T3 crafted shield again a think I'd pick Waning Boundary for magic bosses. With this shield I could stop using chromatic ward at the emperor But I think T3 crafted shields are too expensive and don't worth the effort. A DT with a Karutonia shield or Wyrm tali can tank all the bosses in the game without spending a copper
    Last edited by xiulo88; 4th June 2014 at 11:00.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Anshat View Post

If you are going to have a T3 crafted shield in any case, then go for Waning Boundary.

I agree with Stira, the difference between Mirror of Shadows and T4 or AoK shield isn't worth all the mats spent on crafting.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    A DT with a Karutonia shield.....
    People will never learn - Essence of Courage is WAY better! :P
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Sssshhhhhhhhh, don't spread our secret
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    That Nipple shield.... I loved that blue thing so much I had to.. lick it :P
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

iam a little disapointed of all these advices cause i thought it was better than karutonia even if its expensive.

but thank you all
    Last edited by Anshat; 4th June 2014 at 15:13.