Thread: PaybyCash still accepted?

Default PaybyCash still accepted?

When I click "Manage payment options" in my account panel it still lists paybycash as a payment option and takes me to this page http://www.paybycash.com/conan/codelist.php however when I asked customer service they said that they no longer accept it.

I haven't tried it yet, but has anyone else? Is customer support wrong or is Funcom being slow again to update things on the account page?

I'm kind of leaning toward that it's discontinued because it still has Russian servers and polish servers.. there's also an option to buy the original game for about $54.00..
    Last edited by Joey456; 12th March 2013 at 19:01.

Because if it's not accepted.. I'll need to go back to a crappy game like Runescape or something which is fail.

Funcom needs more payment options besides Credit Card and Paypal.

Edit: Although, continuing to ramble on.. I did realize I never specified which game so they probably assumed I was talking about The Secret World.. which is understandable.
    Last edited by Joey456; 12th March 2013 at 19:08.

Hi Joey

I'm afraid PayByCash was phased out as a payment method some time ago.

Sorry!
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

I totally agree that Funcom needs more payment options. You used to be able to buy cards to get FC points at Best Buy but those are no longer available. I'd like to see them accept UGC and other multi-game cards.

Personally, I prefer to use cash to pay for these things when possible. My bank is a credit union that's a bit of a distance from me and sometimes it's hard to get there to put money in the account when I want to make an online purchase. It would be much easier if I could just go to a local store and buy a card I could use online when I can't take the time to get to the bank.

The Visa and Master Charge fillable cards are a pain because they're usually one-use and so you have to change your payment info every time you want to use one, and they're really no good for subscription payments unless you have no plans to renew.

Wow.. that's really lame. They should remove it from the account page.

Now I'm going to need to drive to 5 different gamestores in my area trying to find a 60 day timecard lmao. This bites big time.

From what I understand, this method of payment still works for those who had it set up before the phase out. If they were to change payment methods, it would no longer work for them either. But that's why you can still see it in the payment options.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey456 View Post
    Wow.. that's really lame. They should remove it from the account page.

Now I'm going to need to drive to 5 different gamestores in my area trying to find a 60 day timecard lmao. This bites big time.
    well, if you can still get a timecard in one of those 5 gamestores, you can still call yourself lucky.. I haven´t seen a single gamecard in my whole country for years

Quote Originally Posted by Joey456 View Post
    When I click "Manage payment options" in my account panel it still lists paybycash as a payment option and takes me to this page http://www.paybycash.com/conan/codelist.php however when I asked customer service they said that they no longer accept it.

I haven't tried it yet, but has anyone else? Is customer support wrong or is Funcom being slow again to update things on the account page?

I'm kind of leaning toward that it's discontinued because it still has Russian servers and polish servers.. there's also an option to buy the original game for about $54.00..
    If you look at the page you linked you will see Playspan/Ultimatepay in the banner.
    That site used to have online key-codes for 60 day timecards.
    But since they got hacked (I think) or due to VISA taking over they no longer provide this service.
    (or it is to g****mn difficult for me to set up a new account )

I haven't found a new source for these virtual key-codes.
    Would be nice if FunCom would sell them through the In-Game shop!
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14